`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feebay

RE: feebay
If you don't want to see what you consider to be lowball offers than set an auto-decline percentage for Best Offers. I have been on both sides of this (buyer and seller), so I know it can be frustrating when you see an offer come in and get excited only to find out that it's way below what you were hoping. You shouldn't let it annoy you unless the buyer sends a note that harasses you in some way. Just respond with a counter-offer that you are ok with and see where it goes. If the buyer accepts, then it's sold. If the buyer counters with another lowball offer, then reject or counter again. I find it funny how many people get annoyed by negotiating, yet they are insistent on listing with best offer option without auto-decline.

Here are some examples where sub-50% might be expected:
1) Seller has an item listed for $100. The last ones that sold all sold for $20-$35 each, however the seller put the extremely high price simply because no one else has one listed on eBay (or just because they want to).
2) An item has never sold on eBay and there are no others up for sale. A seller wants to put as high a price as possible, and a buyer wants to pay as low a price as possible.
3) Buy It Now listing for $100 with best offer, while several other sellers have the same item for $45-50. Person takes a chance offering $40, knowing that they will either get a deal or can buy it from someone else for $45.
4) Anything listed at book value or higher, that isn't of a hot player.

Personally, I have made a best offer of $50 on a card listed for over $200, and the seller accepted without even countering. There is another seller that I know who sells the certain cards on eBay and lists them for $20 each, but will regularly accept $4-$5 each if you are buying multiples. So sub-50% offers are accepted more often than you might think.

What I find really frustrating are sellers who list items with Best Offer option, but won't make counter offers or simply decline all offers unless they are at full price. For example, I made an offer of $25 for a card listed for $35 and the seller simply declined; so I sent another offer of $27.50 (shipping was $2.50, so it made it an even $30), and again they simply declined. Finally I caved and offered $30, as the last sales for the card were $20-$30, and I didn't want to pay more than that. Guess what the seller simply declined again, without countering and now I am out of offers so the only choice I have is to buy it at $35. What is the point of having a Best Offer option if you are only going to decline offers and not try and negotiate?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I agree djohn

(05-16-2017, 07:58 AM)s1020 Wrote: Its getting ridiculous on both sides of the fence on that site and the reason is because of the unreal fees, its just so hard to make a profit any more because of them!
'Trying to make a profit' should be saved for those in the business of selling cards, who put all the upfront money into the business, hiring, training, constant watch over the hobby, hours of cataloging and compiling, and restless nights wondering if that rookie they paid $250 for will ever sell.

The rest of us should just be disposing of our extras by any means, including trading, donating, and selling, but should not be anything to cause stress.

I agree. Buy sell and trade. I put my cards up for the equivalent of what everyone else has theres up for so, im not trying to get rich but break even would be nice. No what ticks me off is when get a lowball offer, counteroffer and the buyer declines flat out. I have no problem wheeling and dealing. Ive taken offers lower then wanted. But there needs to be give and take from both sides. I get that. But what really got me when I went on my rant was there was 3 in one day. Thats all.

Ive definitely been on both sides and its frustrating. It doesnt help feebays fees are through the roof and shipping has gone nuts

(05-16-2017, 03:12 PM)StylinDylan7 Wrote: No what ticks me off is when get a lowball offer, counteroffer and the buyer declines flat out.
Exactly! Case in point...I have the Trout 2016 Heritage Chrome Purple Refractor out on COMC/eBay. I listed it less than 1/2 the SRP on COMC, and 75% of Beckett value so I could maneuver. 2 weeks ago I got an offer for 1/2 of my listed price, so I countered back 1/3 increase, which was rejected. Yesterday, I got another low-ball offer, so I countered halfway back to my listed price, which was rejected. Either way, the buyer would have received a great deal. I think they wanted to re-list it after buying so they were looking for a basement purchase.

I didn't buy the card, I traded for it at Beckett value, so I really don't want to let it go at 1/2 value, nor am I looking for a profit. Really strange negotiating at times!

I just don't respond to low ball offers-- or I send them a counteroffer that is 1 cent lower than my buy it know price.