`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do they do that?

RE: Why do they do that?
(04-28-2017, 06:32 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: I like when the numbers are wierd. Like Pacific would number cards to /77 or/37. It makes them stand out to me, something different. I mean, who wants to see cards numbered out of /25 /50 /100 every single time?
I miss Pacific baseball for a lot of reasons and that is one of them...loved the die cut inserts!!! Like Foul Pole, still me favorite insert..if anyone has a Bonds!! Let me know...
(04-29-2017, 10:19 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: Kinda like the price of gas. Why do the say 240.9 per gallon.
That gas better be rocket fuel!! HA HA...

RE: Why do they do that?
(04-28-2017, 06:52 PM)jumper4d8 Wrote: I wondered if it was along the same psychological effect of pricing something $4.99 instead of $5.00. It looks like it is cheaper, or in this case more rare, even though it is only a tiny bit.
the save a penny pricing was to have clerks use the register. If a customer gives a five dollar bill for something that is 5.00, the clerk could pocket the money without punching in the transaction. With 4.99 the customer gives 5.00 and expects change which forces the clerk to punch in the transaction in order to access the cash drawer to give the penny. Retailers now just continue the tradition as customers are accustomed to it.

At least that was what I was taught in business school back in the day.
http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.