`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know this probably belongs in vintage but who doesn't dream...

I know this probably belongs in vintage but who doesn't dream...
http://m.forbes.com/sites/davidseideman/...crap-book/

and if that isn't enough:

www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/hoard-400-t206-cards-uncovered-maryland-heads-auction/

Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

RE: I know this probably belongs in vintage but who doesn't dream...
Holy Grail Batman!!! Can you imagine finding something like that?

It reminds me of a scruffy guy (aged mid-20s) who wandered into my local card shop back in the early 2000s when we had a local card shop. He had some baseball cards he was looking for information on. They were probably 2 1/2" tall and about 10" wide, sepia colored and pictured team photos. My uneducated guess (and I've been collecting cards since 1970) is that they were from the 1800s or very early 1900s. He found them in a decrepit house that he'd bought for the land. This is in Maine. He went through the fallen down house before knocking it all the way down and scavenged all he could from it. The owner of the shop, a "kid" himself, had no idea what they were or what they might be worth but I bet they were something special. Never saw anything like them in person or online again.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Attic finds have to be so cool. When my grandparents passed away two of my aunts went through my grandparents home to get it ready to sell and they just trashed, gave away or sold everything without checking on anything. They threw away my grandfather's stamp albums with stamps going back to the 1800s and they gave away my grandfather's coin collection that he started as a kid around 1918-1920. Sometimes you never know what you are going to find but then there are the opposite when people find cards from the 70s & 80s and assume they are worth hundreds of dollars because they are older.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

Always check out the old guys garage and estate sales..there are gems there the family thinks is trash!!
Great find...WOW!!!!