`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other than Trout, Bryant, & Harper...who ?

Other than Trout, Bryant, & Harper...who ?
Are the guys who would be worth investing in Graded gem 10 Base RC's and which set ?

I recently decided to get away from auto's as they are inflated and way too many of them out there. So I'm going back to the basics of collecting. Recently picked up Chrome base rc's of Trout and Harper and am trying to decide between base topps or heritage for Bryant.

Not really into paying $100 + on a hyped up prospect who will likely be a bust in 2 yrs. I'm talking guys who have high potential for being around in 3-5 yrs

RE: Other than Trout, Bryant, & Harper...who ?
I see where you're coming from. If you're truly looking to get away from over-inflated prices, I' suggest waiting at least 5-7 years before starting to invest in any player - there will still be TONS of cards to chase, with even the most rare still available. Consider that Bryant and Harper in particular could still very well wind up being non-HOFers. On the other hand, Kershaw seems to be a good player to start on.

As far as brands, I still think flagship and flagship chrome to be for RCs and vets with Bowman for pre-RCs. Heritage seems more of a set product to me.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

Kershaw, Arenado, Machado, Altuve.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

Flagship Bryants are alot more expensive than I thought they's be. They avg around $80 + shipping for PSA 10. Even though they are extremely easy to come by out of packs. I must have 20-30 just from what little retail I opened and would say easily 60-70% would grade a 9.5 or 10. I can get a Heritage base with a much more appealing pic for $130-$150 and it's a high number SP. For me a base PSA 10 Topps should be more in the $50 range max.

I feel like you have to play the prospects game if you are trying to "invest" you win some you lose some but you hope you go more in on the ones that make it. I can't see paying inflated prices for already hyped players to "invest" just my 2 cents.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Betts, Altuve, Lindor, Rizzo. I think all of these guys will continue to put up great numbers and have long careers to compile the big numbers. You never know for sure, I stayed away from Arenado because of the Coors field influence (Rockies never really take off), Machado has been through some serious injuries and has yet to put multiple years together in a row injury free. Good luck in your hunt.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

Corey Seager

Freddie Freeman

Almost all the other players named so far are pure speculation. There is a long list of players who had a handful of great years early in their careers and then simply faded. When it comes to card values, it doesn't take much for values and interest to drop off. Names like Ryan Howard and Prince Fielder were not that long ago thought of as great investments yet have since faded off to bargain bins. Personally I prefer sticking with proven players that are sure HOFers, yet still have upside for one reason or another.

One example would be Albert Pujols. His resale values have dipped quite a bit from his peak, aside from his Bowman Chrome rookie, yet he is closing in on some BIG career numbers this year and next that should cause some spikes in interest for his cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(04-24-2017, 04:08 PM)djohn Wrote: Almost all the other players named so far are pure speculation. There is a long list of players who had a handful of great years early in their careers and then simply faded. When it comes to card values, it doesn't take much for values and interest to drop off. Names like Ryan Howard and Prince Fielder were not that long ago thought of as great investments yet have since faded off to bargain bins. Personally I prefer sticking with proven players that are sure HOFers, yet still have upside for one reason or another.

One example would be Albert Pujols. His resale values have dipped quite a bit from his peak, aside from his Bowman Chrome rookie, yet he is closing in on some BIG career numbers this year and next that should cause some spikes in interest for his cards.
Great advice. The longer one waits to buy the less likely one's going to lose money.

Hard advice to follow, though, when selling is the priority of most people in the hobby (and Topps, BTW)... it's their job to get you to buy right away.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.