`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Panini Prizm Draft Picks?

2017 Panini Prizm Draft Picks?
Does anyone know if Panini is planning on renewing the Prizm Collegiate Draft Picks set for 2017? I haven't seen it on any of the release calendars but the owner of my local shop seemed to think they are.

RE: 2017 Panini Prizm Draft Picks?
(04-20-2017, 05:20 AM)samcro85 Wrote: Does anyone know if Panini is planning on renewing the Prizm Collegiate Draft Picks set for 2017? I haven't seen it on any of the release calendars but the owner of my local shop seemed to think they are.
They have done an Elite draft set and a Contenders draft set, so it seems like 3 draft products from one company would be a lot.

(04-20-2017, 11:20 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: They have done an Elite draft set and a Contenders draft set, so it seems like 3 draft products from one company would be a lot.
When has that stopped anyone? Lol! I haven't seen them selling well though, so maybe they did decide to pass on them.

(04-20-2017, 11:20 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: They have done an Elite draft set and a Contenders draft set, so it seems like 3 draft products from one company would be a lot.
That is very true, didn't think about that. I looked up to see that last year's Prizm DP set released April 13th. As for the popularity, the same shop owner did mention that the boxes he ordered from a new case a few weeks before flew off the shelves. I do like the designs and the variety of parallels, as well as the amount of cards and hits for the price. Didn't hurt either that in 3 box breaks I pulled a Zeke AU Camo/199, Wentz base AU, then was torn on getting the 3rd box (last of the case at the shop), went for it and pulled a Dak AU Purple/99. Luckiest run of boxes I can remember...

My brother did buy a box of the 2017 Elite (pulled a Fournette AU/50!) and I did like the variety as well, but think I'll wait till the prices cool off.

Opened a half case of 2017 Contenders Draft and a half case of 2017 Elite Draft. I prefer Elite Extra Draft by a wide margin. That said both sets are sticker autographs but I found it hard to get a Contenders card with 4 crisp corners which was mostly due to the material they used and the colors on the cards corners.

The autograph inserts and base cards for Elite Draft looked better to me visually and I pulled more cards consistently with sharp corners
Looking for High End Nomar Mazara, Mattingly, Adrian Beltre, Peyton Manning, Clayton Kershaw, Zeke Elliott, and Dak Prescott

I believe the Elite Draft Picks this year essentially replaced Prizm Draft Picks. This was the first year of the Elite Draft and it came out early just like the Prizm Draft did in 2015 and 2016. I liked Prizm Draft for all the color you could get, moreso than the Elite Draft. 2015 Prizm Draft was a great case to bust.
My Sports Card Album
-Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
-Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers GU/AU - college uni
-Current Redskins/Braves GU/AU