`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What single card does almost everyone have in their collection?

RE: What single card does almost everyone have in their collection?
Probably any star from Donruss/Fleer/Topps from 1990-91 would work.

Pretty sure everyone who has been collecting for a while has an '88 or '89 Topps Mattingly

I'd say its a toss up 1989 Topps Al Leiter with the wrong picture ... (everyone thought they were going to pay for college with that card) or the 1987 Topps Bo Jackson Future Star .. they were plentiful ... and cool.
Ya'know ... after long reconsideration I've changed my opinion.
I'm gonna say the 1987 Mark McGwire card ... it was common during 1987 so many of us older collectors had them, and during Mark's HR record breaking Gala MLB Carnival, I'm sure that thousands (if not 100,000) of new collectors picked up that skinny image of him in his A's Uni with that beautiful 1987 throwback design.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Older junk wax- '87 Topps...pick one

Modern junk wax- '15 Bowman...pick one

For '87 probably Bo, Will Clark, or Wally Joyner unless you just tossed those suckers out and for '15 maybe a Joc RC, Correa, or Bryant.

i have all the cards except the 2015 cards and the Trout.
http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.

My vote everyone who collected on 1992 and drank coke a cola got a pack of cards with a Nolan Ryan. Seems to me card 22 was the most common if I had to choose just one
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Funny, but many of the cards you guys have mentioned are cards I dont have...... I guess Im the odd man out lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s