`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout US175 skyrocketed

RE: Trout US175 skyrocketed
(04-20-2017, 08:58 AM)djohn Wrote: I know what you mean about that Million Card Giveaway, I bought into it hard and most of the older cards were in horrible condition. Though I did fairly well with landing some of the Diamond Die-Cut cards.
Yeah, the condition was horrible in a lot of cases, but what I liked was that you could trade what you pulled.

I think I ended up with a complete run of Tim Raines cards from like 1982 through 1986, which was fun to look back at when he made the Hall of Fame this year.

(04-20-2017, 09:52 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, the condition was horrible in a lot of cases, but what I liked was that you could trade what you pulled.
I totally agree, the trading was a great feature and I also got a bunch of cards I liked instead of complete random trash.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(04-19-2017, 12:25 AM)tdog4468 Wrote: Thanks Doc, I just love thinking about how I sold or traded all of my Trouts over the years to include, 6 base, 1 gold, 1 cognac, 1 diamond anniversary, and one Hope Diamond... oh yea then the Autos, the 2009 Bowman Sterling auto, and a 2010 Platinum Auto... good times... never mind I could have paid the car off if I had held to sell now...
Sorry, Dude .... Sad
(04-20-2017, 08:58 AM)djohn Wrote: I know what you mean about that Million Card Giveaway, I bought into it hard and most of the older cards were in horrible condition. Though I did fairly well with landing some of the Diamond Die-Cut cards.
I was very ignorant and unaware. I ended up with some nice Diamond Die Cuts ... beautiful cards, BTW ... but I traded so many of them away for what turned out to be garbage/trash. I figured that the pictures were of the cards we were going to get ... wrong!! The Biggest Blunder of that whole thing 'crapaway' fiasco .... long story, but I'll try to make it shorter. I won a 1968 Casey Cox card and the picture showed the 66B yellow team name variant. (Expensive card!) I was happy. People were sending me 40-50 card trade offers. Dozens of Diamond Die cuts, too. I denied them all because, heck, I'd rather have a pristine mint 1968 variant vintage card any day of the week! Finally put in for shipping (which was also a scam ... but it was free with the Die Cut cards ... which I learned a little late) anyway, I was perturbed when the 66A non-variant Casey Cox card arrived. It was in pretty nice shape, but there was big differential value between the two. Complained to Topps, they did absolutely nothing for me.
(04-20-2017, 09:52 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, the condition was horrible in a lot of cases, but what I liked was that you could trade what you pulled.
I think I ended up with a complete run of Tim Raines cards from like 1982 through 1986, which was fun to look back at when he made the Hall of Fame this year.
Trading was very cool. I ended up with a complete run of Vada Pinson, Bill Robinson, Tommy Harper, and Deron Johnson. Some really nice 1958 commons, Filled in some set cards for my 1970, 1971, 1972 collection.

But all in all, waaaaay over-spent to get those code cards!!! 2011 was my first year back into cards after a 20+ year hiatus and looking back over the past 6 years since, it was probably my favorite year of collecting. Great cards, great contest, great Rookie crop ... hard to beat 2011.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I forgot to mention, I'm also loving the fact that I once busted a retail rack box of 2011 Update and pulled four Trout RCs ... then sold 3 of them in a BIN lot on the bay for $27.

Because I thought I was clever for doing the whole 27 thing, like his jersey number, LOL.