`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have Come to Grips With the Fact I Will Never Pull My Own Trout Auto

RE: I Have Come to Grips With the Fact I Will Never Pull My Own Trout Auto
As an Angel's fan, I figured my luck would be the same when Trout came into the league. I have had some extremely good luck in regards to Trout and hope that continues.

First big pull was 2012 Panini Prizm USA Baseball Sigantures #'d/25
Then I pulled 2013 Topps Chasing History Relics Jersey card
Most recently, out of a Heritage blaster I pulled from the same pack #363 AS and #450 SP

Not too bad. Could not believe when I pulled the Prizm auto. Numbered out of 25.

Thanks!
[Image: twobrosbanner.png]
Inventory with Scans (Working on updating)

(04-11-2017, 05:38 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Well you might not have pulled a trout out of retail but i remember a really nice KB that you did! I never pull anything good in retail except one time when i opened a heritage box in 2006 and pulled 3 auto's in one pack! Two old timers one was a red ink! The most notable was Jay Bruce in Reds uni. I am interested in your Matt Strahm auto though...
Well, yes, to be fair, I have had some pretty incredible pulls out of retail - Kris Bryant, Bryce Harper, Ken Griffey Jr., Derek Jeter, Kobe Bryant, Anthony Davis ... to name a few.

But, you know how it is ... if it's not THE guy, it's not the same.

So I guess I can't complain too much.
(04-11-2017, 09:57 PM)twobroscards Wrote: As an Angel's fan, I figured my luck would be the same when Trout came into the league. I have had some extremely good luck in regards to Trout and hope that continues.

First big pull was 2012 Panini Prizm USA Baseball Sigantures #'d/25
Then I pulled 2013 Topps Chasing History Relics Jersey card
Most recently, out of a Heritage blaster I pulled from the same pack #363 AS and #450 SP

Not too bad. Could not believe when I pulled the Prizm auto. Numbered out of 25.

Thanks!
That's awesome, do you have a scan of the Trout?

A Panini auto is on my Trout bucket list, now that he's exclusive with Topps.

One of my favorite autos in my collection is a 2008-09 Upper Deck auto of Kevin Durant in his Sonics uni - talk about a card you won't see again!

RJ, your retail mojo is such that I wouldn't count you out as long as Trout is signing and Topps is making cards. Keep the faith, Brother!!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-14-2017, 08:31 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: RJ, your retail mojo is such that I wouldn't count you out as long as Trout is signing and Topps is making cards. Keep the faith, Brother!!!
Well, Doc, if there's one guy who could pull it off, it's this guy - with the thumbs!

(04-12-2017, 10:15 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Well, yes, to be fair, I have had some pretty incredible pulls out of retail - Kris Bryant, Bryce Harper, Ken Griffey Jr., Derek Jeter, Kobe Bryant, Anthony Davis ... to name a few.

But, you know how it is ... if it's not THE guy, it's not the same.

So I guess I can't complain too much.

That's awesome, do you have a scan of the Trout?

A Panini auto is on my Trout bucket list, now that he's exclusive with Topps.

One of my favorite autos in my collection is a 2008-09 Upper Deck auto of Kevin Durant in his Sonics uni - talk about a card you won't see again!
[Image: 6798934]

Again, super stoked when I pulled this card.

Thanks!

[Image: twobrosbanner.png]
Inventory with Scans (Working on updating)

I don't know how anyone can "try" to pull a certain player's auto. You either get lucky and pull one or you don't. I pulled a Brian Ellington (?) auto last year and that was without trying. Smile
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(04-14-2017, 11:17 PM)twobroscards Wrote: [Image: 6798934]

Again, super stoked when I pulled this card.

Thanks!
That's awesome! You can totally see the evolution of his signature - that one is just coming out of the Bowman Draft/Platinum "squiggle" era into his more refined auto.

I'd say this is one of his most underrated cards - talk about unique!
(04-17-2017, 07:28 AM)zeprock Wrote: I don't know how anyone can "try" to pull a certain player's auto. You either get lucky and pull one or you don't. I pulled a Brian Ellington (?) auto last year and that was without trying. Smile
Ha ha yeah, I know what you mean.

I too have pulled many, many autos without trying - or wanting to pull - what I got.

(04-10-2017, 03:22 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: For years I have dreamed of pulling my own Mike Trout auto, and I have finally realized it is just not going to happen.

I will live vicariously through all of your great Trout pulls.
Of my 3000 something different Piazzas, I have personally pulled maybe five of them.

I feel you.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(04-17-2017, 10:37 PM)tate31nym Wrote: Of my 3000 something different Piazzas, I have personally pulled maybe five of them.

I feel you.
I've pulled a fair share of nice Trouts, some serial numbered to 10, 25, 99, etc. ... it just seems odd that I've never pulled even a mem card of him.

The best I've ever done are a couple of the manufactured patch cards.

Case in point ... my other main PC guy in basketball is LeBron.

Not only did I pull his signed SP Authentic RC out of hobby back in the day, but since then I've pulled two jersey cards, an $800 "Kaboom" insert and a 1/1, all out of retail.

I think part of that is most of the LeBron stuff has been Panini and Upper Deck.

Topps clearly has scaled way back in what it puts into retail, especially since it now has a monopoly.

I actually can't think of the last great card I pulled out of Topps retail, to be honest with you.

Oh well, there are bigger problems in the world.

I pulled a 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Auto Refractor 2 years ago. I'd been buying packs and boxes from the same shop/case every few months over the years. It was in one of the loose packs that whole time. I still have it and it's graded a BGS 9.5 Au 10.