`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying singles vs a case!!?

Buying singles vs a case!!?
I have been rapidly collecting allen and Ginter cards for a few years now. 2017 comes out in July. I am not sure if I should try my luck on a case or buy just a few hobby boxes and save my money on buying singles . I am trying to collect all mini cards, relics, mini relics, autos and mini insert sets. I also collect book cards

RE: Buying singles vs a case!!?
If you are trying to collect everything, then a case might be a great way to start. You will get a lot of the minis and SPs, and you will have a shot at landing a card (case hit) that might cost you more if you were to just wait for someone else to pull it and put it up for sale. Plus you will have a bunch of extras you can trade or sell off to help fill in the holes that are left after opening the case. However, if you don't want to deal with a bunch of extras then buying just a few boxes and then singles might be the better approach for you.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Buying singles vs a case!!?
(04-10-2017, 08:41 AM)djohn Wrote: If you are trying to collect everything, then a case might be a great way to start. You will get a lot of the minis and SPs, and you will have a shot at landing a card (case hit) that might cost you more if you were to just wait for someone else to pull it and put it up for sale. Plus you will have a bunch of extras you can trade or sell off to help fill in the holes that are left after opening the case. However, if you don't want to deal with a bunch of extras then buying just a few boxes and then singles might be the better approach for you.
+1 Could not have said it better myself.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]