`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANY IDEA:

ANY IDEA:
AS TO WHY AMARI COOPER ROOKIE YEAR CARDS ARE GOING DOWN? I AM NOT A RAIDERS FAN, BUT I DO FOLLOW TOP ROOKIES FROM EVERY YEAR.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

RE: ANY IDEA:
Maybe it's just the offseason now?

Football cards are some of the most volatile to the here and now. Cooper was hot last year and his card values went up. It's now the off-season, the Raiders announced they will be moving to Vegas and a lot of fans of the team are abandoning them and selling off their collections, and the NFL draft is on the horizon. All of these factors and more combine to cause previously HOT cards to settle down and drop from their peak value. That being said, it's a great time for buyers to get deals on cards. Beckett is just adjusting their book values based on the decreased sales prices.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I think its because its the offseason. Seems every year cards go down in value for almost everyone unless its the Super Bowl winning team or a blockbuster rookie season by someone. ie Patriots and Dak Prescott.

Then I believe most collectors focus in on the draft to find the next diamond in the rough which turns the attention away from established vets. How anyone pays $500 for even a Dak Prescott makes no sense to me because next year he may have the sophomore slump and his cards will dip in price and the next flavor of the week will get the attention.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(04-07-2017, 01:44 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I think its because its the offseason. Seems every year cards go down in value for almost everyone unless its the Super Bowl winning team or a blockbuster rookie season by someone. ie Patriots and Dak Prescott.

Then I believe most collectors focus in on the draft to find the next diamond in the rough which turns the attention away from established vets. How anyone pays $500 for even a Dak Prescott makes no sense to me because next year he may have the sophomore slump and his cards will dip in price and the next flavor of the week will get the attention.
Can you say "Johnny Manziel"? Lol those poor suckers spending $1500 on single cards of his...now you can't give them away!

Football can be a rough one. You buy a box with loads of rookies who never see the field, or by the time you get one graded it's worth less than when you sent it in. I don't quite get it. Is the demographic different?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Football rookies all ways come out too high and drop like a Chevy Truck " like a rock". For all the years I collected football the Becket price guide at the start of the season has hundreds of arrows up and gradually fall off in the next 2 issues and evens out with up arrows and down arrows in the palyoffs and 2 months after football season is over it like they all have arrows down for mostly the current players and after the NFL draft. Mostly because the arrows go down for the rookies have a great chance of taking out the veterans. What does the NFL stand for? Not the National Football League it really stands for " Not For Long" average player is 3-5 years just keep that in mind if you are in it for investing it is worse than the stock market but if your in it for collecting then you heart is in the right place.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Once the season starts if the Raiders come out hot and he is tearing it up his numbers will climb again. The Raiders really ended with a thud and that was disappointing after seeing what they can do with Carr healthy.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

(04-08-2017, 10:40 AM)savagenate Wrote: Can you say "Johnny Manziel"? Lol those poor suckers spending $1500 on single cards of his...now you can't give them away!
Crazy right? But I cant bash folks for collecting who they want. I know Ive dropped more than I should on cards but I collect for fun not investment.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

THANX FOR THE INPUT. I GUESS I NEVER NOTICED AS I HIBERNATE AFTER THE OFFSEASON. I AM IN MOURNING UNTIL THE DRAFT.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).