`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantle Estate signs agreement with Panini and a look ahead to 2020

RE: Mantle Estate signs agreement with Panini and a look ahead to 2020
(04-03-2017, 07:29 PM)zeprock Wrote: Topps formula as of late has been: Here's our base card. Here's a pink version. A camo version, a black and white version, a sepia version, a blue version, a purple version, yellow, green, red. Here's one with a tiny sparkle on it, here's a mini version, here's a chrome version. How about a purple chrome, a pink chrome, an orange chrome, a blue chrome, a green chrome, a refractor, an xfractor, a sepia chrome. We'll call this an "ice" version. How about "blue ice"? Here's one with a throwback logo. This one's a Target exclusive, a WalMart exclusive, a Toys R Us exclusive. This one's a little thicker, we'll call it Limited.

I'm a player collector. I need this one and that one and all those. OMG! Make it stop!

It seems that all of Topps cards are reprints from an era gone by. Archives, Ginter, Gypsy Queen, Heritage, so many inserts, we've all seen these pictures and designs before. Competition should freshen things up. I'm all for it. Give Panini a license. Give Topps a reason to raise the bar.

Topps needs someone to challenge them and say enough already. Come up with some new designs.

+ 10000000000000000000 its insane for player collectors, I cant keep up with it
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s