`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gypsy SSP...how'd I do

Gypsy SSP...how'd I do
So I've already broken my vow of retirement, just too hard to resist.
Bought 4 blasters of Gypsy and 2 of Heritage (haven't gone thru those yet). I missed the memo on no minis in Gypsy this year, but is kind of a relief, they're tricky to store. Sadly, only one PC pull (a common Matz)
How do you think I did?
The inserts
[Image: rus9kl.jpg]

The gravy
Missing blackplate gum back that is not listed in Beckett yet (but being listed for a nice sum on the bay, should I go there? Make me an offer?)
And an eBay 1/1 !! Big Grin
[Image: nps954.jpg][Image: 291giev.jpg]
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

RE: Gypsy SSP...how'd I do
I'd say you did quite well. Now, aren't you glad you came out of retirement? Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Congrats! That should go for a nice chunk.

So would the missing blackplate/ gum back be the first parallel-parallel?

(04-01-2017, 03:08 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I'd say you did quite well. Now, aren't you glad you came out of retirement? Smile
It was your blaster success that convinced me!
(04-01-2017, 06:46 PM)pjrussell529 Wrote: Congrats! That should go for a nice chunk.

So would the missing blackplate/ gum back be the first parallel-parallel?
There are a bunch of them in this set. It's confusing
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(04-01-2017, 08:21 PM)tate31nym Wrote: It was your blaster success that convinced me!
Glad that i could inspire the disenfranchised amongst us. Smile
I was at a tipping point when i started getting those darned reDiscoverTopps garbage-restamped/reissued-trash 'hits' from Series 1. Heritage & GQ pulled me from the brink and helped me get over that, preventing me from retiring as well.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-02-2017, 09:58 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Glad that i could inspire the disenfranchised amongst us. Smile
I was at a tipping point when i started getting those darned reDiscoverTopps garbage-restamped/reissued-trash 'hits' from Series 1. Heritage & GQ pulled me from the brink and helped me get over that, preventing me from retiring as well.
In 6 blasters I only got one of those, some 1986 garbage common. I probably won't buy much else until Stadium Club and Ginter come out. So, at least I'm taking it easy.

Very nice stuff. You and the good doctor have convinced me to dive back in and get some blasters of GQ.
Good stuff..........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-08-2017, 09:00 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Very nice stuff. You and the good doctor have convinced me to dive back in and get some blasters of GQ.
Good stuff..........
Come on in, the Queen awaits. Smile I'll hook you up with my doubles and help you get a set together ... and I've got a new stack of Phillies-Phun stuff for you, buddy!