`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Some Help Here

Need Some Help Here
I've been collecting oddities for quite awhile and can do my own research but I found something that I can't identify and unfortunatly some of the other baseball forums haven't been much help. It appears to be a template or prototype card for Daniel McGrath Bowman Chrome card. I thought maybe someone just messed with a regular Daniel McGrath card but in the spot where it would say pitcher it only says position and it's missing the Bowman 1st it should have for this card. Any information would be great! Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Need Some Help Here
Very cool and interesting! The "position' printed in that position certainly seems to make it a prototype or sample or a test print.
Is that printed on acetate? If not, what material do you think it is?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yeah, looks like acetate to me DrMitch.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Interesting, probably a prototype, work up, or a custom. Three things jump out at me, the photo is not the one that was used on his card, the fonts don't match, & the Red Sox logo is not the same as was used on the production cards.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

I emailed pics of it to Topps to see if they had any information on it, when they got back to me they stated "This is an interesting issue. There could be a number of explanations for this card and unfortunately a concrete explanation may not be obtainable. It very well may be a prototype or template but I wouldn't be able to verify that." Then told me to send it to Beckett to have them verify it. Not sure if it's worth it to pay to send it in and have them not have any infomation on it. My questions would be worth it? Are there people out there like me that would purchase it if sold it? Any thougts?