`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrik Laine price dropped? come on

RE: Patrik Laine price dropped? come on
(03-23-2017, 08:02 AM)shierydana Wrote: Nylander YG dropped, though?
And Marner?
I just sold a Nylander gem mint 9.5 W/no subs for 29.99 and bought one 7 days ago for 17 usd W/shipping so the price point reflects recent sales in my opinion however the Marner move makes a little less sense as he has consistently sold for 60+shipping and shipping in these cases is crazy like 18usd, so Marner should not move any further up or down with a graded service applied to it.

something ive noticed over the 29 years of my collecting and reading beckett religiously, they skim the top of cards with medium values like Nylander yg to compensate for say the increase to the Matthews yg,
very rarely will I see an entire set increase in value because of one card, they just take from peter to pay paul in sorts, if you don't believe me grab an old beckett and look at the overall decrease over say a 5 year period of a set that had movement, its actually disgraceful to skim thousands of dollars of value and rarely does it show up equally within said set.

(03-23-2017, 08:02 AM)jvs_den Wrote: 2011-12 The Cup Limited Logos Autographs #LLSF Mark Scheifele/50
this is the card I'm speaking of, this was his rookie year and it was valued at 60low-120high
before march 19th.
now you have it at 30-80,
you are referring to a card made in 2015-16, which is
2015-16 The Cup Honorable Numbers #HNSC Mark Scheifele/55

the two are similar in brand and rarity but literally 4 years apart.... you cannot use sales data on one to change the other, if this is whats being down I may need to re-evaluate collecting in general as I own both cards and know the difference between the value of a ROOKIE year patch auto and one that is made 4 years later .
I posted the information here so it can be publicly viewed because any input from others is welcome, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the point of forums....passage of information? I will email you today or tomorrow but honestly I feel like I'm starting to understand the frustration of many loyal collectors on this board.
I appreciate you posting back Eric, I will be in touch to clarify my point further if needed.
No, Sir, I am referring to the 11-12 Honorable Numbers /55 which have recent examples of:

3-18-17 @ $52.45 USD
1-21-17 @ $37.46 USD

As far as the 11-12 Limited Logos /50 goes here are the last 10 verified sales we have in our system:

45.01 USD
39.00 USD
44.64 USD
55.32 USD
67.00 USD
80.59 USD
105.00 USD
36.99 USD
81.53 USD
52.49 USD

$30-$80 would be an acceptable range, however, I did give it the $40-$100 which could also be argued as well. I understand how hot he is right now, 6th in points, top 20 in goals, averaging a point a game since Jan, and a fan favorite, but the market for this card doesn't bear out the $60-$150.
(03-23-2017, 08:02 AM)shierydana Wrote: Nylander YG dropped, though?
And Marner?
Sure, the last 10 sales of the Nylander YG:

20.28 USD
17.50 USD
17.50 USD
17.00 USD
22.43 USD
20.50 USD
18.75 USD
17.67 USD
24.68 USD
20.67 USD

So 15-40 is not only fair, it's accurate. As for the Marner:

49.99 USD
49.99 USD
52.09 USD
59.99 USD
71.95 USD
60.69 USD
54.69 USD
55.00 USD
55.00 USD
57.00 USD

So 50-120 is again fair and accurate.

It just boggles my mind that they're selling for that low (and hence the lower values in Beckett). These guys are playing so well right now.

(03-23-2017, 08:52 AM)ericn316 Wrote: No, Sir, I am referring to the 11-12 Honorable Numbers /55 which have recent examples of:

3-18-17 @ $52.45 USD
1-21-17 @ $37.46 USD

As far as the 11-12 Limited Logos /50 goes here are the last 10 verified sales we have in our system:

45.01 USD
39.00 USD
44.64 USD
55.32 USD
67.00 USD
80.59 USD
105.00 USD
36.99 USD
81.53 USD
52.49 USD

$30-$80 would be an acceptable range, however, I did give it the $40-$100 which could also be argued as well. I understand how hot he is right now, 6th in points, top 20 in goals, averaging a point a game since Jan, and a fan favorite, but the market for this card doesn't bear out the $60-$150.

Sure, the last 10 sales of the Nylander YG:

20.28 USD
17.50 USD
17.50 USD
17.00 USD
22.43 USD
20.50 USD
18.75 USD
17.67 USD
24.68 USD
20.67 USD

So 15-40 is not only fair, it's accurate. As for the Marner:

49.99 USD
49.99 USD
52.09 USD
59.99 USD
71.95 USD
60.69 USD
54.69 USD
55.00 USD
55.00 USD
57.00 USD

So 50-120 is again fair and accurate.
appreciate the informative reply Eric concerning the limited logo's /50 and especially you sharing the sales data that you have access to, I concur on your analysis of the card being valued @ 40-100 however I will point of that volume 28 no 12 beckett reflects 50-100 so in reality the guys doing better in the NHL and 1/5th to 2/3rds of a certain print run hit the market and sell for less than low bv not including shipping and his cards value slips slightly.....
here's my concern- does beckett take into account shipping costs passed on to buyers?, in some cases these cards sale value was hurt due to extremely high shipping.
does beckett have a future plan to allow paying customer to see your sales data and if we could wouldn't it prudent to mention serial # of specific cards and or attributes such as 4 clr patch/ multi break logo ect.
now onto the horrible Marner yg situation, most of the collector/buyers on ebay rely heavily on photo's with great scans of the cards, if the picture is bad....the sale price hurts because buyers are worried about condition. this works both ways however if you have amazing scans and the card shows it could grade beyond 9+ BGS OR PSA the buyers go well beyond the high value price point.
most of if not all Marner yg as of late on your list had defects that were visually recognizable when the scans were revied/poor cut edges and white corners plague this certain yg...
that being said his card should increase in value because less of them exist in nr-mt mt condition-not the other way around.

when a card sells for less there is usually a reason is what I'm saying and these are just a few things I've personally noted on Marner yg.

I most certainly truly appreciate you Eric for replying on the forum to answer questions of this nature because it allows a constructive relationship between your paying subscribers and beckett, it gives us collectors a chance to see the process and how it works on your end...

if I could make 1 suggestion is look at the sale items photo and ask yourself does it look like its/centered/sharp/defect free and does the seller have positive feedback... if any of those factors are questionable than the sale price should be omitted from your data base as "did not meet standard requirement"....

our hobby is taking a ***** kicking because of fraudsters online selling banged up rookies and vintage replicas, there must be more process in the data collection.

give it a thought.
sincerely Austin/jvs-den

Good point, Austin. When we add cards to our collections, the default condition is NearMint/Mint. The prices for these cards should take into consideration the market sales for cards in that same condition.

(03-23-2017, 03:30 PM)jvs_den Wrote: appreciate the informative reply Eric concerning the limited logo's /50 and especially you sharing the sales data that you have access to, I concur on your analysis of the card being valued @ 40-100 however I will point of that volume 28 no 12 beckett reflects 50-100 so in reality the guys doing better in the NHL and 1/5th to 2/3rds of a certain print run hit the market and sell for less than low bv not including shipping and his cards value slips slightly.....
here's my concern- does beckett take into account shipping costs passed on to buyers?, in some cases these cards sale value was hurt due to extremely high shipping.
does beckett have a future plan to allow paying customer to see your sales data and if we could wouldn't it prudent to mention serial # of specific cards and or attributes such as 4 clr patch/ multi break logo ect.
now onto the horrible Marner yg situation, most of the collector/buyers on ebay rely heavily on photo's with great scans of the cards, if the picture is bad....the sale price hurts because buyers are worried about condition. this works both ways however if you have amazing scans and the card shows it could grade beyond 9+ BGS OR PSA the buyers go well beyond the high value price point.
most of if not all Marner yg as of late on your list had defects that were visually recognizable when the scans were revied/poor cut edges and white corners plague this certain yg...
that being said his card should increase in value because less of them exist in nr-mt mt condition-not the other way around.

when a card sells for less there is usually a reason is what I'm saying and these are just a few things I've personally noted on Marner yg.

I most certainly truly appreciate you Eric for replying on the forum to answer questions of this nature because it allows a constructive relationship between your paying subscribers and beckett, it gives us collectors a chance to see the process and how it works on your end...

if I could make 1 suggestion is look at the sale items photo and ask yourself does it look like its/centered/sharp/defect free and does the seller have positive feedback... if any of those factors are questionable than the sale price should be omitted from your data base as "did not meet standard requirement"....

our hobby is taking a ***** kicking because of fraudsters online selling banged up rookies and vintage replicas, there must be more process in the data collection.

give it a thought.
sincerely Austin/jvs-den
Austin, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I wanted you to know that I have not forgotten.

1. The market information that we use to price products has been available to our users for some time now. It's called the Market Data Report and can be purchased on a monthly subscription basis. As far as numbering and details of the card(s) are concerned some of the information is there, but we process 100,000k's of cards on a month to month basis and we simply don't have the resources to capture all of the information.

2. Shipping cost is almost always considered when analyzing the secondary market, especially when they are so outrageous that it hurts the value. Typically when we see high shipping cost we will disregard that sale from the data. The same can be said unreasonably high or low sales on a card, i.e., BIN that are unreasonable or auctions that are ended earlier, etc.

3. The Marner situation. I completely understand what you are saying about the condition of the card coming into question when buying on eBay. The picture can destroy the sale of a card, and you will be happy to know that also is taken into consideration and typically falls into the category that I described in answer 2. Here is a link to the Marner YG's that have ended over the last couple of days. All of them seem to fall into the pricing window where the card is currently at.

4. Finally, I am always happy to constructively discuss pricing with you or anyone else that wants to. I would like to thank you for being professional in tone and manner and not flying off the handle as some have been known to do. If you have any other concerns please let me know and I will be more than willing to take a look at them with you.