Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best grading company.
Rainbow 
Best grading company.
I would like a t206 original card and I do not care which player is on it so I am thinking a getting a graded one. I am thinking of getting one that has been graded by SGC Grading. Who owns SGC Grading? I was going to go with BGGC until I learned they are owned by Beckett. For personal reasons I do not trust PSA PSA/DNA JSA and BGGC. What other companies are out there??

RE: Best grading company.
I thought SGC was best for pre-war, but maybe I'm wrong/things have changed.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

For grading vintage the best three in no particular order are PSA, SGC, and BVG. Al

In my opinion, PSA resells for the highest, BVG has the most solid cases, and SGC has the best visual presentation.

PSA is a publicly traded company, BVG is of course Beckett, and I believe SCG is a privately held company. I'm not aware if they are affiliated with any one else.

When I have cards graded, I personally use SGC because I like the way the cards look in their holders.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

For that card probably most people will say SGC........ Ive never had an SGC holder in hand though so protectionwise I prefer BVG/BGS........
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

For a T206 I would go with PSA, I have SGC graded vintage cards and the cases I have seem to get scratched easier compared to PSA or BGS/BVG cases.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

I have a number of t206's graded by both SGC and PSA, and I prefer SGC.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

Thanks all. I just want a t206 so I can say I own one. It seems most here think SGC is the best one so I will go with that.

did you send it in already???
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s