`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should i get this graded or sell it

should i get this graded or sell it
hey i just bought a hobby box of 2017 donruss, and the first or third pack into the box i got a 1989 donruss curt schilling recollection auto/40 15/40 to be exact. i checked ebay there is only one and its going pretty high. i am just testing waters but give me advice.

RE: should i get this graded or sell it
I would go ahead and sell it. I don't think the (slim) possibility of a "10" (or even a 9.5) will justify holding it, unless you collect schilling. Better to strike while the iron is hot with a brand new product hitting the market.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I agree with uva ... if you're not a Schilling guy, or a collector of whatever team is on the card, I'd sell while it's selling good. Especially before pricing hits the OPG.
Kepler

Personally, I don't get the appeal of grading modern cards, but to each his own, I guess.

Slabbing for authentication and protection, on the other hand, makes a bit more sense to me.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

If you plan on selling it, sell it now before the other 39 come up on eBay and the resell price drops. Grading it will not add enough to even justify the cost of grading.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I agree with the others. Sell now. Nothing is hotter than right after a product comes out.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

If you're keeping it for your PC, slab it. If not, sell it. From how it sounds, just sell it.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

If it's PC or part of your Curt collection, slab it. But if not don't.

Best to sell it now while the product is relatively new and Schilling's other autos show up.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

I would sell it as it is, I dont know how much it would actually add if you sold it graded
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s