• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was thinking of quitting, but the card gods intervened

RE: Was thinking of quitting, but the card gods intervened
(03-01-2017, 01:13 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: IF you quit, and
IF you have Twins, and
IF you want them to find a good home...

I am available. Big Grin
A) We're not gonna let Doc quit

B) If he does defy our collective will, it will have to be after the epic trade we've been discussing for several years ... those Twins are spoken for LOL

Anyway, nice hits Doc. Now I know to avoid Heritage because the luck has flown south for now. Guess I'll have to wait for Donruss.
Kepler

(03-01-2017, 11:22 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: A) We're not gonna let Doc quit
B) If he does defy our collective will, it will have to be after the epic trade we've been discussing for several years ... those Twins are spoken for LOL
Anyway, nice hits Doc. Now I know to avoid Heritage because the luck has flown south for now. Guess I'll have to wait for Donruss.
No worries, buddy. You have first right of refusal on all things pertaining to the Twins. The epic trade will take place.
Regarding the new Heritage ... I'm sure there are some sweet retail hits to be found. I didn't see the check list, but I sure hope there's a 1968 Rod Carew auto there. We both need one of those. That would be his ROY card, I believe.
(03-01-2017, 01:13 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: IF you quit, and
IF you have Twins, and
IF you want them to find a good home...
I am available. Big Grin
Appreciate the offer. But I'm sticking around. Seems like its in the cards Smile
(03-01-2017, 09:38 AM)scottzoe Wrote: Love those Brooks autos!
Scott
Thanks! Me too.Smile It's cool to see there are some good retail hits out there.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-01-2017, 11:59 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: No worries, buddy. You have first right of refusal on all things pertaining to the Twins. The epic trade will take place.
Regarding the new Heritage ... I'm sure there are some sweet retail hits to be found. I didn't see the check list, but I sure hope there's a 1968 Rod Carew auto there. We both need one of those. That would be his ROY card, I believe.
That would be REALLY sweet. Hopefully it's not an Angels year - they seem to alternate for him. But it would be classic Topps to have '17 be an Angels year when producing a product to pay respects to his rookie card set.

I'm guessing if nothing else, this will be the set that makes me open the wallet and pick up the actual '68.

I'm planning to make a trip to my LCS sometime in the next couple of weeks to give myself an early birthday present of a Donruss hobby box. Depending on how the checklist looks, maybe I'll have to get a Heritage, too.
Kepler

(03-01-2017, 10:17 AM)djohn Wrote: Congrats on the nice hit and deciding to stick with the hobby. When I saw the picture, I was trying to figure out if there was some "Robinson" connection since you have the Brooks Robinson and Robinson Cano cards together.
Yeah, I'd like to say that I planned that, but the Robinson connection was truly random and maybe just one more tip of the hand of the Card Gods. Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Never mind, I checked the checklist:

Real One Auto in a Twins uni!!!

Dual auto with Sano. Triple auto with Molitor and Sano. And there's a '68 poster and auto and a Flashbacks auto .... this could be worth taking a shot at.
Kepler

(03-01-2017, 10:25 AM)bengalsandreds Wrote: That's a sweet card. I passed up on a hobby box of this yesterday at the LCS, maybe I should start out with some retail at target. Although I think I used up my retail luck already with the buster posey auto out of the update mega box.
Go for it! There's 1:336 chance of hitting a retail auto. Better odds than lottery Smile
(03-02-2017, 12:06 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Never mind, I checked the checklist:
Real One Auto in a Twins uni!!!
Dual auto with Sano. Triple auto with Molitor and Sano. And there's a '68 poster and auto and a Flashbacks auto .... this could be worth taking a shot at.
AWESOME!!!!!!
The only Carew auto worth having is in a Twins uni!!
(03-01-2017, 01:31 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Sweet stuff!! Im glad you are staying in the hobby and I am move than happy you love the Sparky!!
(03-01-2017, 10:41 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Awesome hit and thanks for the kind words, Doc!
Thanks again! You guys rock!!
(03-02-2017, 12:03 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: That would be REALLY sweet. Hopefully it's not an Angels year - they seem to alternate for him. But it would be classic Topps to have '17 be an Angels year when producing a product to pay respects to his rookie card set.

I'm guessing if nothing else, this will be the set that makes me open the wallet and pick up the actual '68.
68 is his ROY card, 67 is the very, very expensive RC card. (Shared with legendary Hank Aaron .... oops, wait ... wrong 'Hank' that card's shared with Hank Allen! Sorry .... there's a bad joke in there somewhere, but I ain't gonna touch it)

Nice hit man! I just made my first 2 trades fresh off a good year break or so. Not gonna be as crazy as before cause I have 2 kids now and can't afford to spend a ton, but it's nice to be back in a limited capacity!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(03-02-2017, 07:46 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Nice hit man! I just made my first 2 trades fresh off a good year break or so. Not gonna be as crazy as before cause I have 2 kids now and can't afford to spend a ton, but it's nice to be back in a limited capacity!
Great to have you back on-board! 2 kids certainly put a dent in your discretionary funds ... not to mention your discretionary free time. Smile

(03-01-2017, 11:22 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: A) We're not gonna let Doc quit

If you see an unfamiliar face wearing a trench coat outside your door wearing a name tag with "Guido" on it...LOL.

Seriously, DrMitchJ doesn't know me from Adam, let alone do any trades with him, so I guess I will have to rely on my own small fortune.

(03-02-2017, 10:54 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Great to have you back on-board! 2 kids certainly put a dent in your discretionary funds ... not to mention your discretionary free time. Smile
Thanks man, good to be back! Yeah it definitely causes some financial difficulties for sure, used to spend 300-400 a month on cards, now it's more like 10-20 bucks lol
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]