`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are these Jordan cards worth much?

Are these Jordan cards worth much?
My brother was an avid Jordan collector and he just passed away last week. I've inherited his Jordan basketball collection and don't know what's worth $2,000 vs $2. I think these are valuable?
[Image: 20170224_233335.jpg]
[Image: 20170224_233524.jpg]

Is this one worth much? More pics of more cards to follow in this thread.
[Image: 20170224_234805.jpg]
[Image: 20170224_234823.jpg]

He has two of these numbered out of 50.
Here's another one numbered out of 50.
[Image: 20170224_234939.jpg]
[Image: 20170224_234949.jpg]

He had 50 different refractors in a display case. I think they are mostly the valuable ones. But then he has another 100 refractors I'd guess. Some numbered xxx out of yyy.

I'm ultimately looking for someone who could appraise these for me and maybe buy/sell/consign them. Any thoughts on someone out there who could handle maybe 500 Jordan cards?

Thanks.
A couple more...
[Image: 20170225_003609.jpg]
[Image: 20170225_003614.jpg]

[Image: 20170225_003835.jpg]
[Image: 20170225_003841.jpg]

[Image: 20170225_004213.jpg]
[Image: 20170225_004220.jpg]

RE: Are these Jordan cards worth much?
I am sorry to hear about your lose. After reading this thread, this is going to be a very bitter sweet message.

Ummm wow is all I can say. Yes you have some money there. Based on what you have shown here, it looks like your brother collected high end Jordan cards. For example the Jambalaya would sell between $1000-$1500. The Showcase Legacy card would sell for a lot! One just sold for $1700. The Finest refractor /289 would sell for $300-500+.

If you plan on selling these I would partner up with someone that would help you accurately list the cards on say Ebay. You can use the completed sales (once you figure out what the cards are) and get a range of selling values. That way you do not let these cards go for a couple hundred when they might go for $1000+
I would also say that with some of these cards, you should get the graded. They preserve the card and can increase the value. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Sorry for your loss. Those all have value. Unfortunately we aren't allowed to give Beckett price values on here, but like nickm1123 said, it's best to look at eBay for what they are actually selling for. Some of those are really sought after by collectors. I'd be willing to help answer questions that you may have as well.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Dang what a stash. That first one, test refractor a BGS 9 sold for $2300. Your bother had a pretty dang nice collection.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

He had 50 refractors in one poster-sized display behind UV glass. He never graded anything, but they are all in the plastic sleeve, inside the jewel cases. He had 80 more in jewel cases in a box for almost 20 years, and has another 100-ish in the hard plastic sleeves (but not the jewel cases), also in that same box. So most of these haven't seen light in 20 years.

I found an inventory list dated 2002 and that Jambalaya card is on that list, so hopefully that's old enough to prove it's legit.

What would people like to see, and I can take more pictures?

And any recommendations for an ebay partner or other seller?

Thanks.

Be careful with that Jambalaya. Lots of us want that. Personally, though, I don't like to see MJ in a Wizards jersey, so anything in that realm you'd have a hard time selling to me...but that's only me. I'm from Chi-Town. It holds a special place. However you do this, get some grading done to make bargaining easier, is my recommendation.

Of course, these could be a keepsake of memories for you, but it's totally your choice.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Here's some from the box that weren't on display:
[Image: 20170225_113942.jpg]
[Image: 20170225_114020.jpg]

(02-25-2017, 10:11 AM)jmattharnish Wrote: He had 50 refractors in one poster-sized display behind UV glass. He never graded anything, but they are all in the plastic sleeve, inside the jewel cases. He had 80 more in jewel cases in a box for almost 20 years, and has another 100-ish in the hard plastic sleeves (but not the jewel cases), also in that same box. So most of these haven't seen light in 20 years.

I found an inventory list dated 2002 and that Jambalaya card is on that list, so hopefully that's old enough to prove it's legit.

What would people like to see, and I can take more pictures?

And any recommendations for an ebay partner or other seller?

Thanks.

I'm very sorry about your brother. Well, he collected some high-value cards. I'm guessing from the ones you showed that he has other valuable ones. That orange border test refractor(these are rumored to have only a limited print run of 50), Jambalaya, and Flair Showcase all stand out to me.
You have several options. The best place to sell would be ebay. You can try to sell them yourself if you want. As far as taking on someone to help you you have a couple different options. You can ask someone on here to help you sell them. I'm sure a number would be happy to (me also). You could ask one of the bigger ebay sellers to do it - PWCC, 4SC etc... they might take a little more commission but it's what they do.

I'm also a very big MJ collector (he is all I collect) so you could do what I would do and hold onto them. MJ stuff has been on the rise and the prices will probably continue to go through the roof so that is another option. You could sell them for a lot more 5-10 years down the road. Any other questions just ask. Hope this helped.

In his notes he listed something as "Super Teams gold error." Anyone ever heard of that? I wouldn't know which card to look for.

And thanks for the comments. I might just keep these for a while. I don't need the money.

Here's the ones he displayed. I took a photo both with and without flash to help show the refractors/atomic refractors. Can anyone see this well enough to know which are some of the most valuable ones?

[Image: 20170225_130817.jpg]
[Image: 20170225_130834.jpg]