`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Identifying Card

Help Identifying Card
I got this card from a card show last weekend and for the life of me I can't find anything on it, I have searched this website, COMC, Ebay and even went through like 3 pages of google images, Nothing. The base card is of him pitching and I know that Daisuke Matsusaka has a regular RC and a short printed card of him in a suit, so this could be the same thing but I wonder why Beckett has no listing for it.

[Image: IMG_2572.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2573.jpg]
[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards

RE: Help Identifying Card
Check out the Beckett Set Information
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2007/upper-deck/

(02-23-2017, 12:05 PM)gyoung Wrote: Check out the Beckett Set Information
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2007/upper-deck/
That is really confusing on Upper Deck's part back in 2007 to make a exchange set with the same number as the regular card. I wonder why these cards are not listed in the Beckett database?
[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards

Might be one of the "predictor" inserts from the set which also include the number 502?
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

Taken from: http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2007_Upper_Deck

"Series One Rookie Exchange
Randomly inserted into Series One packs were 20 different Rookie Exchange cards, numbered 501-520. Originally, each Rookie Exchange card was redeemable for one card from this set; however, complaints from collectors led Upper Deck to make each Exchange card good for the entire 20-card set. The Rookie Exchange cards expired February 27, 2010.

Later, these cards were inserted into Series One & Two Fat Packs.

NOTE: There are two different Daisuke Matsuzaka card #501s. The card of Matsuzaka appearing in a suit were randomly inserted into packs of 2007 Upper Deck Spectrum. A completely different Dice-K card, featuring Matsuzaka warming up in the bullpen, was inserted into the Fat Packs and fulfilled by the Rookie Exchange card.

Cards #502 and #503 were also randomly inserted into packs of Spectrum; however unlike with card #501, there were no changes.

501a Daisuke Matsuzaka RC (press conference)

501b Daisuke Matsuzaka RC (in action)

502 Kei Igawa RC

503 Akinori Iwamura RC

504 Alex Gordon RC

505 Matt Chico (RC)

506 John Danks RC

507 Elijah Dukes RC

508 Gustavo Molina RC

509 Joakim Soria RC

510 Jay Marshall RC

511 Travis Buck (RC)

512 Don Kelly (RC)

513 Kevin Cameron RC

514 Jared Burton RC

515 Kory Casto (RC)

516 Joe Smith RC

517 Jose Garcia (RC)

518 J.D. Durbin (RC)

519 Jamie Burke (RC)

520 Zack Segovia (RC)"
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...