IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Update Mike Trout

2011 Update Mike Trout
BGS or PSA ?

RE: 2011 Update Mike Trout
(02-18-2017, 08:14 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: BGS or PSA ?
Buying or selling?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Psa, always. Just look at the completed sales
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(02-18-2017, 10:51 PM)elberson Wrote: Psa, always. Just look at the completed sales
+1000 on this
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

Again, buying or selling.
If I were buying, or looking to keep mine and just want to preserve it, I leaned towards the BVG/BGS.
If I were selling it on eBay, I'm pretty certain that PSA is universally accepted as a better option.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Why buy BVG over PSA, just curious?
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

(02-20-2017, 03:51 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Why buy BVG over PSA, just curious?
For me, I prefer the BGS slab over the PSA slab - it feels more substantial and protective. PSA, at least to me, feels cheaper.
Kepler

(02-20-2017, 04:24 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: For me, I prefer the BGS slab over the PSA slab - it feels more substantial and protective. PSA, at least to me, feels cheaper.
I agree. I also like the sub grades that BGS gives.

(02-20-2017, 04:27 PM)cspen Wrote: I agree. I also like the sub grades that BGS gives.
Good call. I always forget about the subs in my rationale for this. I really do like those. Not only for the slabbed cards, but for evaluating my own raw cards and others I might be interested in.
Kepler

(02-20-2017, 04:24 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: For me, I prefer the BGS slab over the PSA slab - it feels more substantial and protective. PSA, at least to me, feels cheaper.
Exactly ... BGS/BVG slab looks better, IMO. PSA tends to grade slightly higher and therefore the card sells a little higher, but their slab looks too fragile, IMO