`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Picked Up 889 Home Runs in Two Trades!

I Picked Up 889 Home Runs in Two Trades!
My friends,

For many years on these boards, Dr. Mitch J and I have swapped numerous stories, thoughts and jokes about the hobby, but for whatever reason we were never able to connect on a trade.

Finally we were able to make a deal, and it was a whopper.

There are not many cards I would give this up for:

[Image: Derek_zps1bcyz39y.jpg]

Except for this:

[Image: Piazza_zpshieykalb.jpg]

I am a huge Piazza fan, and having an on-card auto of one of my all-time favorites was something I just had to do.

Then, in a separate deal, I finally tracked down an auto of one of my very favorite players from when I was a kid:

[Image: Jose_zpsn1q69x1l.jpg]

Say what you will about the PEDs and what not, but when I was a kid there was not a bigger star (especially in my area) than Jose.

I am thrilled to add these to my collection, and want to thank Mitch and Alan for a couple of smooth deals.

RE: I Picked Up 889 Home Runs in Two Trades!
You're welcome, buddy. ... and Thanks again.
Glad you were able to get a Canseco Auto... I thought Tanner owned them all Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice to see some great trades going on.

Well done...
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

great looking cards you got there!! congrats!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(02-17-2017, 05:35 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: You're welcome, buddy. ... and Thanks again.
Glad you were able to get a Canseco Auto... I thought Tanner owned them all Smile
Ha! Yeah, I had to jump on that one quick.
(02-17-2017, 10:06 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Nice to see some great trades going on.
Thanks man ... this was one of those I actually lost a little bit of sleep over, LOL.

But at the end of the day, I did what I call the "imaginary card shop test" ... as in, I imagined that I walked into a card shop and these were next to each other in the case.

I could only afford one, so which one would I buy?

And the answer was the Piazza. No offense toward Jeter at all - it's just that Piazza's rookie year with the Dodgers happened to be my freshman year at USC, so I started following him because we were like the new kids in town, LOL.

Plus, I knew Doc would really value the card as a true Yankees fan, and not just try to flip it.

I remember when I pulled it, thinking man, a Yankees or Jeter collector should have pulled this, it's pretty nice.
(02-18-2017, 08:28 AM)osujeffrey Wrote: Well done...
Thank you! It was quite a mail week, LOL
(02-18-2017, 06:12 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: great looking cards you got there!! congrats!!
Thank you, I was very glad to have two great members and traders help me out.

Here's the jeter card in it's new home... thanks again, buddy!
[Image: C57DF721-AFC8-421B-9C25-178145A0D095_zps9wdwrzfx.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-21-2017, 02:24 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Here's the jeter card in it's new home... thanks again, buddy!
[Image: C57DF721-AFC8-421B-9C25-178145A0D095_zps9wdwrzfx.jpg]
That's awesome, Doc! The only reason I was OK with trading it is that I knew it would go to someone who appreciated it!