Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford autos and relics

Ford autos and relics
Okay DrMitchJ, this one's for you!!!

Been using ebay more than I usually day. I had been looking for 1956, 1957 and 1958 vintage, Yankees if at all possible and 1956 and 1957 to make a set of each. (Yeah, right I'm afraid I won't have enough time to make these sets. I'm 63 and don't know if I'll have the cash to do so, but it's fun).

Anyway I found some nice cards to try to equal DrMitchJ's awesome Derek Jeter autograph. While I don't think I even came close, I still like them all, since they're of my favorite Yankee pitcher, yes if you guessed "The Chairman Of The Board" you would be right. I have always like Whitey Ford and Andy Pettitte and Ron Guidry. Okay here are the cards.

[Image: Ford1F_zpsm2e2t98p.jpg]
2001 Donruss Classics Auto

[Image: Ford2F_zpsex5cvgzp.jpg]
Yellow Printing Plate from 2014 Classics, and it seems to me I have another one of these.

[Image: Ford4F_zpsehn1truj.jpg]
Upper Deck Epic. I have another one coming, the green (or emerald)

[Image: Ford3F_zpslnsk5yal.jpg]
2004 Diamond Kings heritage collection
This is my favorite.

OK that's it for today. Have 6 more coming.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: Ford autos and relics
Sweet stuff!! The auto is awesome!

(02-17-2017, 01:35 AM)buckles2335 Wrote: Sweet stuff!! The auto is awesome!
Thanks buckles. I really love it too. Donruss made some sweet cards back then. I do love the diamond kings and I had to order a box of the Donruss Classics. Now watch me pull the same card since I've got one. :-)

Nice PC additions!

(02-17-2017, 02:35 AM)bamyanks Wrote: Thanks buckles. I really love it too. Donruss made some sweet cards back then.
Donruss made some awesome cards in the early to mid 2000s. It's too bad they lost their license in 2006. They made the best looking parallels in my opinion.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

Thanks, my Yankee brother!
Those are some sweet cards, indeed!
Really love the auto, but that Diamond Kings relic from an aesthetic point of view, blows away most cards. Beautiful design and great artwork of Whitey is a terrific combo.
Thanks for sharing.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

That is a great Chairman auto, Brian! Congrats and thanks for sharing!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Great looking cards. Always nice to add some PC players cards.

I love Whitey Ford, amazingly undervalued of the great Yankees from that era. Those pick ups are sweet.[/u]
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

Thank you all for the kind words. Whitey is one at the top of my list of those I collect. Always liked watching him pitch back in the day. Guess I'm showing my age. :-)

I've been trying to post some more pictures of my new cards, but having trouble with photobucket. Does anyway have any suggestions for a GOOD new site for the same type of software. I tried flickr last evening and didn't really like it.

Brian