`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut Down Topps Baseball from 1955 and 1956

RE: Cut Down Topps Baseball from 1955 and 1956
(02-07-2017, 08:39 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: filling holes in the set is pure joy, even if its eventually going to be upgraded.
exactly what I am doing with my T206 set. although over time I have gotten a little pickier no paper loss or a crease through the face, The card can be trimmed (although not preferred) creases pin marks, pin holes are ok for a set filler then upgrade. My current situation is to finish the dag burn thing.

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

The cards will still be collectible, though probably not as widely as they would be if not trimmed. If you look at pre-war vintage collectors, like myself, I will still purchase a card where there has been damage due to tape, or more commonly a thumbtack through the top center. Even cards that have been skinned are welcome in my collection.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

Like the other commenters, I would be happy with them as well even if they are trimmed. I can't afford to buy vintage cards in great shape, so if I'm buying vintage, I settle for the low grade stuff so I can at least say I own the card.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283