Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Saver II impossible to load

Card Saver II impossible to load
Hello,

Collected cards in the 80's and 90's and want to submit some for grading. I bought 100 card saver II's so i could submit them, but have found i need a hammer to get the card all the way to the bottom?? What gives? Why is it so hard to slide the cards in a card saver II? Is a card saver I better? I put the card in a penny sleeve and then try, but i am basically destroying the top edge of a card because you cannot easily slide it in. Luckily i tried it on some worthless cards and those were destroyed...not my Griffeys, Mattinglys, Bonds, Etc.

Please advise!

RE: Card Saver II impossible to load
I first open them up with my fingers as they are stuck together from the factory. This makes it easy to slide in a card if you keep the edges of the card saver pinched a bit so it's open. I don't force a card to the bottom as long as the whole card is in. Some people cut the edge of the cardsaver and insert from the side too.

Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(07-08-2016, 06:20 AM)crossada Wrote: I first open them up with my fingers as they are stuck together from the factory. This makes it easy to slide in a card if you keep the edges of the card saver pinched a bit so it's open. I don't force a card to the bottom as long as the whole card is in. Some people cut the edge of the cardsaver and insert from the side too.
Yeah, never force the card... if you are planning to submit for grading that pretty much defeats the purpose.

As mentioned above, hold the card saver between your thumb and and middle fingers, using your index (pointer) finger (curled into a 'c') for stability.
[Image: ys1zz069x250.jpg]

With your other hand, slide your index finger into the card saver about an inch. (needed a free hand to take the pic, imagine I'm holding the sleeve with my left hand Wink )
[Image: 66z34n1qx250.jpg]

Gently push the sides in with your thumb and middle finger to create an opening. Use your other fingers and cup your hand to provide more stability once it's opened.
[Image: a7y3qepxx250.jpg]

Slide the card in, trying to keep it centered as this provides the least resistance. Once it's half way in you should be able to easily slide it in the rest of the way with a push from your free-hand's index finger.
[Image: 86oaw6g5x250.jpg]

The benefit of the card savers is they don't slide around as they can in a top loader, so ensuring it's all the way at the bottom isn't really necessary.
[Image: slm89b69x250.jpg]

Very good explanation and very good visuals.
Thank you very much.

(07-07-2016, 04:22 PM)stockwizard1000 Wrote: Hello,

Collected cards in the 80's and 90's and want to submit some for grading. I bought 100 card saver II's so i could submit them but have found i need a hammer to get the card all the way to the bottom?? What gives? Why is it so hard to slide the cards in a card saver II? Is a card saver I better? I put the card in a penny sleeve and then try, but i am basically destroying the top edge of a card because you cannot easily slide it in. Luckily i tried it on some worthless cards and those were destroyed...not my Griffeys, Mattinglys, Bonds, Etc.

Please advise!

You answered your own question-- yes CARD SAVER I are better they are bigger and wider than the smaller Card Saver II are.

Another hint is cut a corner off the penny sleeve so sliding the card into it doesn't damage anything .

On smaller orders of under 50 cards I've found bubble and a 400 ct cardboard box a good protection method. Put the cards into the box, wrapped with load of bubble and ship in a medium flat rate USPS box to BGS.

[Image: cut-penny-holder-A.jpg]

[Image: in-box-protection.jpg]