`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2017 HoF Class: The About Time Edition

2017 HoF Class: The About Time Edition
Very gratified to see Davis and Warner get the nod to the HoF. Very strong class that was selected.

LaDainian Tomlinson, drafted 1st rnd (5th overall) in 2001 by San Diego. 2006 NFL MVP, 3 time All-Pro, 5 time Pro Bowl. In 11 seasons accumulated over 18,000 rushing/received yards and 162 TDs. Also 8 of 12 passing with 7 TDs.

Kurt Warner, undrafted rookie free agent who first saw action 1998 with the St. Louis Rams. 1999 and 2001 NFL MVP, Super Bowl 33 MVP , 2 time All-Pro, 4 time Pro Bowl. In 12 seasons passed for 32,344 yards and 208 TDs. Took two different teams to the Super Bowl, appearing in three total.

Jason Taylor, drafted 3rd rnd (73rd overall) in 1997 by the Miami Dolphins. 2006 NFL Defensive PoY, 3 time All-Pro, 6 time Pro Bowl. In 15 seasons notched 139.5 sacks, 8 interceptions, 46 forced fumbles, 9 TDs, and 3 safeties.

Terrell Davis, drafted 6th rnd (196th overall) in 1995 by the Denver Broncoes. 1998 NFL MVP, Super Bowl 31 MVP, 3 time All-Pro, 3 time Pro BowlIn 7 seasons put up over 7,600 yards and 60 TDs, with the bulk of it coming his first 4 years. Won 2 Super Bowls with the Broncos.

Morten Andersen, drafted 4th rnd (86th overall) in 1982 by the New Orleans Saints. Over an incredible 25 years became the points leader for both the Saints and Atlanta Falcons. Went to 7 Pro Bowls and part of the NFL's Hall of Fame 1st all-decade team for both the 80s and 90s. Parts of the last Falcons team to appears in a Super Bowl in 98.

Kenny Easley (senior committee pick), drafted 1st rnd (4th overall) in 1981 by the Seattle Seahawks. In 7 seasons was a 3 time All-Pro and 5 time Pro Bowler. 1984 NFL Defensive PoY. Led the league in 1984 with 10 interceptions.

Jerry Jones (contributor's pick), owner of the Dallas Cowboys from 1989 to present. Presided over 3 Super Bowl championships in 1992, 1993, and 1995.

RE: 2017 HoF Class: The About Time Edition
I'm happy for Tomlinson and Warner. Tomlinson is my favorite running back since I've been able to remember watching. The guy played on some lousy teams, and carried them on his back, Warner was a class act and a fun story!

I can't argue with this class at all. I too am glad to see Warner and Davis. I'm also glad I can put HOFer in the description of this card.

[Image: 007_zpsttwigsgn.jpg]
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

since Terrell Davis made it.. I cant wait to see Chris Johnson be inducted when the time comes.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(02-08-2017, 07:30 AM)jfrench91 Wrote: since Terrell Davis made it.. I cant wait to see Chris Johnson be inducted when the time comes.
Statistically Chris Johnson is a better running back, but since he never got to, let alone won, a Super Bowl he won't make it into the HOF. Then there is that little bit about Chris Johnson's character, that will almost definitely keep him from getting voted in.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-08-2017, 07:30 AM)jfrench91 Wrote: since Terrell Davis made it.. I cant wait to see Chris Johnson be inducted when the time comes.
Also consider this. In 8 playoff games Davis averaged 142.5 yards per game with 12 TDs and an average of 5.6 yards per carry. 8 games, 1,140 yards!

Is Kurt Warner's wife/agent going to hold his hand at the podium? Is she getting her guaranteed screen time at the ceremony, like she did at NFL games as part of his contract? (No, I'm not making this up. I have friends in a Midwest team's ownership. They said her demands are crazy, but his are normal.)
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.