Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box of 2016 Bowman's Best and more..

Box of 2016 Bowman's Best and more..
Hello,
Its been awhile since Ive posted, but I wanted to tell you all about what turned out to be a heck of a box of 2016 Bowman's Best:

1996 Bowman's Best Ichiro and Blake Snell
Base rookie cards of Gary Sanchez and Trea Turner
Green Refractor of Dae-Ho Lee
And now for the 4 autographs:
Gavin Lux (Refractor)
Justin Dunn
MICKEY MONIAK and....
KRIS BRYANT!!

Considering the only other box I have bought of this product was 2015, and that box had a Trea Turner auto as well as a green refractor auto of Carlos Correa, this is by far my favorite product! No boxes of any other product have come even remotely close to being as lucky as these!

My other story doesnt involve busting a box, but rather busting some nostalgic packs. My LCS has a silent auction board, and this past week it had a pack of 1979 topps and a pack of 1980 topps. The bids on them were $8.00 apiece, so I couldnt resist, and I won the packs for a total of $25.00. I had tempered expectations, and certainly wasnt expecting rookie cards of Ozzie Smith or Rickey Henderson. I ended up doing fairly well by getting a base Willie McCovey in the 1979 pack. The best card of both packs was a 1980 Nolan Ryan! It looks very well centered and the card basically looks perfect to my untrained eye. Considering how much the card is worth at a 9.5 grade, Im thinking I'll get both the Ryan and my Bryant and Correa autos slabbed and graded.

Sorry I dont have any photos. Just wanted to share.

Take care,
John

RE: Box of 2016 Bowman's Best and more..
Congrats! Bowman's Best has been one of my favorite products as well.

Congrats!

Those are incredible hits, John! My 6 boxes of Bowman's Best were not that great, although, I DID pull a Andy Pettitte Atomic Refractor Auto #'d/25 that booked at $50. Again, well done, sir! -Alan
ALWAYS looking for graded/raw ROOKIE YEAR Bowman AUTO'S/RC's/COLOR of NICK SENZEL

Wow, one great box. A Moniak and Bryant auto is hard to beat. Congratulations