`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2017 Topps 1987 Chrome Set

2017 Topps 1987 Chrome Set
These cards (50) are chrome refractors and were available only to those who purchased boxes. I never do this, but I bought a presell set of the 50. Love 1987 design and I probably overpaid being that it's new, but didnt want to take any chances.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

RE: 2017 Topps 1987 Chrome Set
You found someone pre-selling a set of the 50 cards that they could only get by buying boxes and for each box they get just a few cards? I can't imagine how much they charged you...but it probably will be a cool set.

Bump this deserves. Should be here today!

(02-01-2017, 03:53 PM)KPRROK Wrote: You found someone pre-selling a set of the 50 cards that they could only get by buying boxes and for each box they get just a few cards? I can't imagine how much they charged you...but it probably will be a cool set.
What it probably means is that some retailer decided to open all the 'gift/incentives' from Topps instead of distributing them to consumers. Nice.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-03-2017, 02:49 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: What it probably means is that some retailer decided to open all the 'gift/incentives' from Topps instead of distributing them to consumers. Nice.
Wow, you solved the mystery! Another bad apple in this industry??? NO...it can't be!

(02-03-2017, 03:12 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Wow, you solved the mystery! Another bad apple in this industry??? NO...it can't be!
LOL
Nah, impossible, right?. Smile
But seriously, I hope Topps sees when something like this happens. They should 'crack down' on stuff like that.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Received them today and they are gorgeous.

I picked up a few singles, looking forward to receiving them.

Scans or it didn't happen Smile
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)