`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Topps Chrome Holiday Mega Box

RE: 2016 Topps Chrome Holiday Mega Box
Yeah I don't get either of them not being priced by now, but REALLY don't get the Chrome since the Topps Holiday stuff has been priced. Basically just a multiplier that needs to be applied to the Chrome stuff.

I mean I get that companies are bought and sold, but at least sell it to a company in a country that actually LIKES baseball and football, not just cricket.

ETA: and Hockey too, lol.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

I think Beckett has been struggling to try and diversify itself as much as possible and as such has lost sight of what made it so big of a company to begin with. Beckett was considered like a bible for so many people for so long. Now over the past decade with the massive increase in the number of products put out each year in all sorts of different locations (i.e. online only, retail only, hobby only, etc) has made it more difficult to price everything. However the proliferation of buying and selling online should've actually made it even easier to keep up to date on card values. Instead card values are not updated as often as they should to reflect true market value, and some new products take significantly longer to price than others. It makes no sense to most of us. After all, how did Topps Transcendant get priced within a month or so of being released, yet 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter X has been out for over a year and hasn't been priced. It makes even less sense when you consider that the A&G X set is simply a parallel version of the base A&G set, so a simple multiplier would take care of pricing all of the cards in that set, while Topps Transcendant is an entirely new set with sales prices still wildly fluctuating.
It's not just new cards either, go look at pricing for some of the ultra-rare 90s inserts in baseball and you'll see that the Beckett book values are significantly below the sales value for the past few years. Case in point, the 1996 Select Certified Gold Mirror card of Derek Jeter hasn't sold for near it's book value in over a decade. In fact the card has been selling for 4-figures for the past decade and in graded condition it regularly hits 5-figures. The 1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metal cards is another set where book value is significantly lower than real value. Then there are countless cards where book value is significantly higher than real value, and a lot of times it's comical how far off they are. It's no wonder that the printed magazine has stopped regularly printing the values for older cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

BUMP.

(02-12-2017, 09:41 AM)Simpleton Wrote: BUMP.
I acknowledged defeat in attempt to get remainder of Topps Now baseball priced. In your case nothing is priced, Topps Now stopped pricing after 2/3, the last third is what Cubs fans need. I hope they come through for you .

(02-12-2017, 10:25 AM)garrisc Wrote: I acknowledged defeat in attempt to get remainder of Topps Now baseball priced. In your case nothing is priced, Topps Now stopped pricing after 2/3, the last third is what Cubs fans need. I hope they come through for you .
I'm not holding my breath. Since November, doesn't look like it. No explanation as to why.

Hell they can't even get 2016 National Treasures priced either, which should definitely be by now. So I've given up any hope of the Archives 65th or the Chrome being priced any time soon if at all.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

bummer but hey, they already have the 2017 S1 priced, LOL
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

Ok this is ridiculous. Beckett will post McDonalds, Kellogg or Post Cereal but yet cant post these cards. Why doesn't Beckett Respond as to why they wont price them. Is there no one in Beckett that listens to their Customers? Come on, get with it.

Welp, it was quietly priced in the last few days or so. A little underwhelming TBH...
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

I agree with all of you, new product should be priced in a timely manner. But it does make me feel better, 4 years ago I was the only one complaining about customer service, not being able to make an easy change on a graded label. Now everyone else is catching up with me. Beckett's CS sucks big time. I too wonder what Dr. Jim would have to say.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]