`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
*Sigh* my only /5 card ever...

RE: *Sigh* my only /5 card ever...
(01-30-2017, 11:39 PM)StylinDylan7 Wrote: Hey now I was mad when we didnt get him. Definitely looks good now. But as far as teddy he did look promising but I fear thats gone too. Hes already out all of next year and he looked promising but I dont think that was enough. I fear hes done now, 2 years out kinda kills qbs.
Let me guess...you were happy when Favre played for us??!! LOL
I was one of the few who could not stand him in Purple, so it is fine to have a different opinion. The latest news is that false reports about Teddy's injury timeline have been floating around and not to count him out yet. Why do I like him? Not because of his skills, but his personality on and off the field make him entertaining. Would I prefer wins and Super Bowl rings? Of course!! But, not counting my horns for that to happen anytime soon no matter who the quarterback is.

Oh come on, we all love teddy but i try to be realistic and I listen to the kfan all day long and even the team doctors are now saying dont expect him back this year. Its a 19 month injury. But yes at first I did not like the farve thing but then he started winning and I changed my mind. Im just saying dont be surprised at a QB in the 2nd this year.

(01-30-2017, 11:39 PM)StylinDylan7 Wrote: Hey now I was mad when we didnt get him. Definitely looks good now. But as far as teddy he did look promising but I fear thats gone too. Hes already out all of next year and he looked promising but I dont think that was enough. I fear hes done now, 2 years out kinda kills qbs.
Yeah what Teddy is currently going through sounds awful. Hope for a speedier recover than what is projected!

One way to look at it is, you could start a Heisman winner auto PC or something.

That's one thing they can't ever take away from him.

(Unless they find some huge violation on A&M or something. It happened to USC with Reggie Bush.)

But you get my point.

If nothing else, it's a great looking card and the gold brick is certainly a nice touch.

(01-31-2017, 03:17 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: One way to look at it is, you could start a Heisman winner auto PC or something.

That's one thing they can't ever take away from him.

(Unless they find some huge violation on A&M or something. It happened to USC with Reggie Bush.)

But you get my point.

If nothing else, it's a great looking card and the gold brick is certainly a nice touch.
I like your way of thinking! Yeah I mean maybe he will make a comeback some day and prove us all wrong.

Like you said though it's nice to have the gold bar and it's cool that it is so rare so I should try not to complain as much! Thanks!

(01-31-2017, 06:15 PM)crolsky Wrote: I like your way of thinking! Yeah I mean maybe he will make a comeback some day and prove us all wrong.

Like you said though it's nice to have the gold bar and it's cool that it is so rare so I should try not to complain as much! Thanks!
I actually started an informal PC of Heisman winners after pulling a totally random Joe Bellino auto out of a Press Pass pack of some type in a re-pack box.

I had no idea who he was until I Googled him and saw he won the Heisman in 1960.

So now, if I'm ever looking to even out a trade or what not, I'll see if someone has a mem or auto card of a Heisman winner.

(01-31-2017, 06:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I actually started an informal PC of Heisman winners after pulling a totally random Joe Bellino auto out of a Press Pass pack of some type in a re-pack box.

I had no idea who he was until I Googled him and saw he won the Heisman in 1960.

So now, if I'm ever looking to even out a trade or what not, I'll see if someone has a mem or auto card of a Heisman winner.
That's why I've done with the Manziel auto I pulled from Prizm - its in my informal Heisman collection

If that was one of those 2008 Press Pass Legends packs which for a while were showing up quite common in those packs, those are really nice looking cards - I have gotten several Heisman winner autographs from that set.

One cool thing about such a collection is that many of the old time (and even some of the newer ones like Jason White) Heisman winners didn't play much or at all in the NFL so their auto cards are quite affordable - on the other hand, if you want to be formal and serious about it, you have to get a complete set and getting a complete set of Heisman winner autographs is very difficult - and expensive to achieve.

(02-01-2017, 10:51 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: That's why I've done with the Manziel auto I pulled from Prizm - its in my informal Heisman collection

If that was one of those 2008 Press Pass Legends packs which for a while were showing up quite common in those packs, those are really nice looking cards - I have gotten several Heisman winner autographs from that set.

One cool thing about such a collection is that many of the old time (and even some of the newer ones like Jason White) Heisman winners didn't play much or at all in the NFL so their auto cards are quite affordable - on the other hand, if you want to be formal and serious about it, you have to get a complete set and getting a complete set of Heisman winner autographs is very difficult - and expensive to achieve.
Yep, I believe it was one of those 2008 PPL packs. When I first pulled it, I had never heard of him, so I was like, "who is this?"

I was pleasantly surprised after I Googled him.

I think its pretty dope card. If you ever wanna move it, lmk! lol
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10