`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do ???

What to do ???
So I'm still waiting on this redemption 2013 exquisite 2014 rookie signatures #/99 Odell Beckham JR called upper deck they say they are still waiting for him to sign but if I didn't want to wait they would send me a replacement of equal or greater value they would give me a few teams to pick from but not a specific player so should I gamble or keep waiting? My plans for the beckham is to sell I'm saving up money for a Brady rookie auto. What would you do?????????? I wonder if they would give me a Brady auto for it lol.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

RE: What to do ???
Be very, very careful of this ... I once waited and waited about a year and a half for an Allen Iverson autograph redemption I got out of a box of Topps basketball - actually the last Christmas present my grandparents ever sent me before they passed away - before I agreed to something of "equal or greater value."

They sent me three crap autos and three crap jerseys that they claimed were equal value.

I was like WTF is this, and they said the case was closed because redemptions are not guaranteed.

So, personally, I would wait, unless they can talk to you on the phone and offer you three or four different options while they have you on the line.

(01-19-2017, 06:20 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Be very, very careful of this ... I once waited and waited about a year and a half for an Allen Iverson autograph redemption I got out of a box of Topps basketball - actually the last Christmas present my grandparents ever sent me before they passed away - before I agreed to something of "equal or greater value."

They sent me three crap autos and three crap jerseys that they claimed were equal value.

I was like WTF is this, and they said the case was closed because redemptions are not guaranteed.

So, personally, I would wait, unless they can talk to you on the phone and offer you three or four different options while they have you on the line.
WOW that would be unexceptable

Personally, I would get a replacement but it's just a hunch and not logic.

I think OBJ has peeked and expect a decline. The only way I see his hobby value going up is if the Giants with a Superbowl and he is a big part of it. I think if you continue to wait, you take the chance of getting it redeemed when he is on the way down.

Like I said, just a hunch.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Replacements are 50/50. Either you get something good you don't. The question is whether you want to take that risk. Personally, I have not had any high end redemptions.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsiqi1o37i.jpg]

ALBUMS UNDER TEST
FOR SALE - FOR TRADE

If you are looking for a fast buck, then take a chance with the replacement.

If he was a PC guy, I would hang on and wait it out.

If your goal is building up money for a Brady auto, I would take a replacement, sell whatever you get, and use that money to make some buy-low-sell-high deals. Time you spend waiting on a nest egg is time you spend not flipping cards for profit.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

You could wait months, or longer, for a redemption to be signed. It's not uncommon at all.

The redemption is already a few years old, so waiting may take a long time. Also keep in mind that Upper Deck lost it's football license, so they probably aren't rushing to get football players to sign old redemptions as they wouldn't be able to use the autographs for anything other than redemptions. In other words, there is no incentive for Upper Deck to have the athlete come sign, aside from clearing redemptions from their books.
I would ask for a replacement, but do it on the phone where you can help steer the person toward specific players you're interested in. Keep in mind, I believe they will use Beckett's pricing to determine value. That Beckham card is in line with the value of a Tom Brady autograph, unfortunately Brady hasn't signed for Upper Deck since 2009. So it's probably pretty doubtful that they will be able to exchange the Beckham for a Brady autograph. Just keep in mind the book value, and make sure the person you're talking with recognizes the value, after all they get called for $10 redemption cards and people wanting to get the world for them. In your case, your card justifies asking them for more than just some random team. I would bet you could have them give you a list of a couple of players to chose from. Also, if you're only looking to flip the card you might consider other sports, as Upper Deck still has the NHL license, so you might be able to get a BIG name autograph from hockey.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks djohn I will be calling them this week I will let you all know how it turns out..