`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Long, Card. Don't Forget to Write!

So Long, Card. Don't Forget to Write!
Those who have read some of my threads realize that I like to invoke thought and see how people react in situations. I find it very interesting.

So, have you ever thought or cared about what happens to your card(s) after a trade? In other words, does it matter to you whether the recipient wants to keep it, or trade it again, or sell it, or pass it along to their heirs?

There have been a few times that I actually hoped that I would not see the card I used to own show up on eBay after giving a favorable trade to allow a collector to enjoy it.

Do you think I need therapy, or are there others willing to admit the same??! Well, I sort of know the answer...Big Grin

RE: So Long, Card. Don't Forget to Write!
(01-18-2017, 04:24 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: So, have you ever thought or cared about what happens to your card(s) after a trade? In other words, does it matter to you whether the recipient wants to keep it, or trade it again, or sell it, or pass it along to their heirs?
Nope.
(01-18-2017, 04:24 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Do you think I need therapy, or are there others willing to admit the same??! Well, I sort of know the answer...Big Grin

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Not really. I am pretty good about only trading stuff I can part with and not think about.

If it's a card that all things being equal I would probably rather keep, I always ask myself, if my card and the other guy's card were in a showcase in a card shop and I could only buy one, which one would I buy?

That's usually how I get my answer.

99% of the time I couldn't care less what they do with what I send them (although I like to think they largely go to sets/PCs)
On the one or two occasions I have traded something "big" that the other person said they were going to grade, etc and I've wondered how that turned out but always forget to go back and ask.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile