`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Live Box Break! And Hits from Box Breaks this week!

Live Box Break! And Hits from Box Breaks this week!
Busted into 2014 Topps Chrome yesterday, pulled a Marcus Stroman rookie autograph and a Kevin Siegrist rookie refractor autograph /499. Also some nice refractors and a Billy Hamilton black refractor /100 rookie, Bob Gibson all time rookie insert and a Clayton Kershaw 1989 Topps Chrome insert. Also opened a box of 2008 SP Authentic and pulled a Brandon Phillips By the Letter autograph /50. As well as a Jed Lowrie rookie autograph and a Wesley Wright game used rookie autograph. The hits have been nice so far, also pulled Kelby Tomlinson and Tim Anderson rookie autos out of 2016 Topps Chrome in this past week.

But for the current break, I have purchased this;
2005 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Baseball Retail 24-Pack Lot
1999 Team Best Diamond Hobby Baseball Box w/ 1 Salvino Bammer Bear
2003 Fleer Patchworks Baseball 24-Pack Retail Box
2005 Leaf Baseball Blister Pack 20-Pack Lot
2005 Donruss Leather & Lumber Baseball Retail 24-Pack Lot

Throughout the night, and by the end of the evening I will try to post any and all hits worth posting!

First we bust into the 1999 Team Best Diamond Hobby Baseball Box w/ 1 Salvino Bammer Bear.
This was a interesting product, the bear I received was a Ryan Anderson No. 33 Beanie Bear, I actually witnessed him pitch in Peoria back in 1999, and it came with a authentic card limiting the bear to /10,000. The 6 packs had a 1:30 insert hit of Damion Minor Diamond Best, also a Michael Cuddyer RC, Pat Burrell, Bronson Arroyo and Milton Bradley.

RE: Live Box Break! And Hits from Box Breaks this week!
The Stroman is a pretty nice hit, and if Hamilton can bounce back that black refractor might end up being pretty good as well. Congrats
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

Now we are busting into the packs!!! Excited to have all this to go through, hope we pull some good hits! Starting off with the packs of 2005 Leaf;
1st pack, 1:27 pack(s) hit of a Gold Stars insert Alfonso Soriano. Good start!
2nd pack, 1:48 pack(s) hit of Four Star Staffs Atlanta Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Schmidt insert! And a bronze base parallel of Miguel Cabrera
3rd pack, Passing through Time Roger Clemens insert.
4th pack, nothing significant
5th pack, our first AUTO! Mike Rouse Prospect Autograph
6th pack, 1:24 pack(s) Fans of the Game Tony Danza insert and a Greg Maddux Passing through Time insert.
7th pack, Greg Maddux bronze base parallel and a 1:13 pack(s) hit Mike Piazza Gamers insert
8th pack, Mike Piazza passing through time insert and a 1:48 pack(s)hit of a Four Staffs Florida AJ Burnett, Beckett, Pavano, Willis insert.
9th pack, 1:49 pack(s) hit of Clean up Crew insert Ken Griffey Jr, Casey, Dunn and another AUTO!!! Kevin Cave Gold Leaf Rookies Auto
10th pack, Curt Schilling bronze base parallel
11th pack, 1:13 pack(s) hit Alfonso Soriano gamers insert, Omar Vizquel bronze base parallel, 1:22 pack(s) hit Mark Prior Home insert
12th pack, nothing significant
13th pack, BIG HIT!!! Jim Thome Sportscasters Blue serial numbered 4/25, Jorge Posada bronze base parallel, passing through time Pedro Martinez insert
14th pack, another hit! Jim Edmonds Sportscasters Blue serial numbered 35/50
15th pack, 1:13 pack(s) hit Albert Pujols Gamers insert, 1:24 pack(s) hit fans of the game Sean Astin insert
16th pack, another AUTO! Tim Bausher Prospect auto
17th pack, ANOTHER AUTO!!! Chris Shelton Prospect auto, Ivan Rodriguez bronze base parallel
18th pack, 1:22 pack(s) hit Carlos Beltran Road insert
19th pack, a hit! Rod Carew Sportscasters yellow serial numbered 29/45
and the last pack of our 05 Leaf break! A nice way to end it! 1:37 pack(s) hit Cal Ripken/Eddie Murray Cornerstones insert! Pedro Martinez bronze base parallel.

To sum up our first part of our break, I'd say the 05 Leaf packs were a good bust! 4 auto's, 3 serial numbered to /50 and less, and a few HOF player inserts as well. Very happy with this and will be moving on with more product later!

Still to come;
2005 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Baseball Retail 24-Pack Lot
2003 Fleer Patchworks Baseball 24-Pack Retail Box
2005 Donruss Leather & Lumber Baseball Retail 24-Pack Lot

(01-11-2017, 05:00 PM)1god4me Wrote: The Stroman is a pretty nice hit, and if Hamilton can bounce back that black refractor might end up being pretty good as well. Congrats
Thank you! I was excited about the Stroman as well!

Isn't it amazing how much fun us guys (and gals) have busting product no matter what year?! I would love to find a decent-priced box of SPx from 1996 and bust it someday.

(01-11-2017, 05:55 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Isn't it amazing how much fun us guys (and gals) have busting product no matter what year?! I would love to find a decent-priced box of SPx from 1996 and bust it someday.
I agree! As long as it is unopened packs it is always an exciting bust! I also have 1999 Stadium Club Series 1 hobby box coming in as well!

Nice break! I want und like to find some early 90s Bowman best to open.

(01-11-2017, 06:45 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Nice break! I want und like to find some early 90s Bowman best to open.
I may be purchasing a hobby box of 96 Bowman Best soon possibly! It would be very fun to open, I would also like to open some 90s and early 2000s Topps Finest.

Update to the busting of these products! Went through the packs of 2005 Absolute Playoff, and really was not too impressed with this product, only pulled a few of the black base parallels, one of Mike Piazza, a Ichiro base parallel and a few others. No GU or auto hits, onto the next product 2005 Leather and Lumber!

After 4 packs of 2005 Leather and Lumber; pulled a Jay Gibbons bat card /250. A Tony Gwynn Great Gloves /2000 insert, and a Big Bang Matt Williams insert /2000. Also ended up with a Hitters Cal Ripken insert /2000. Matt Piazza Big Bang /2000, Daryl Strawberry Big Bang /2000, Mike Schmidt Big Bang /2000. That finished up the packs for that product.

The last box of retail 2003 Fleer Patchworks was a little bit of a let down, but for my one rookie serial numbered to /1500 that I got out of the whole box it was Johnny Peralta! Not a bad hit, also pulled an Ichiro numbers game insert as well as a few others. Not a bad break for $80 for all these products!