`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you build your PC?

How did you build your PC?
I'm wondering how everyone has generally constructed their PC. Did you mostly buy single cards, get them through box breaks, acquire them through trade, etc.?

As of right now, I'd say 90% of my PC was acquired through the purchase of single cards on eBay, 8% was trade, 1% was packs and 1% was COMC. With that said, I might purchase more boxes this year for fun and see what luck I have.

RE: How did you build your PC?
I pulled that Aaron/Koufax! It was a redemption but it was filled within two weeks!

My main PC is mostly pulls and trades, a couple of COMC buys and a couple of ebay buys.

My HOF PC is mostly trades and buys, including a few COMC buys and a couple of pulls.

I used to bust a lot more than I do now, though there are still a few products that I'll buy more than I should of.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I bought wax through the vintage years up and traded with schoolmates until the late 80s then I began to pick up complete sets at the LCS. Around the mid-90s I changed my PC focus from complete sets to star players and picked up singles from then on from the LCS. When the internet went public it opened up a whole new avenue and after a few years of eBay purchases, I strictly trade now through Beckett and through my own website. I occasionally buy some wax but never more than a blaster. I try to buy at least one pack of every new baseball product I see at Target or WalMart and I still pick up a complete Topps factory set each year. I used to pick up lots of cards for the PC and for trading at card shows but those have become a thing of the past in my neck of the woods.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Most of mine outside of 2012 Ginter stuff has come from trades on here and Sprots Card Nationals Show. At one point in time there were a good amount of traders on here trading everyday but alas not as many today. But have had great luck finding good cards on this board and have only had troubles once (and the guy took everyone on the board at the same time). Love the community we have here, good guys and good luck with your PC!

I started in the 80's buying those super cheap sealed boxes of cards that were all the rage at that time but nobody wants now. Then took a hiatus until the early 90's. 75% of my collection is from sealed boxes, 5% from packs, 10% from trades, and 10% from COMC or Beckett-approved dealers.

I like Once78's comment about the collecting community here...very few bad apples, and a whole barrel of worm-free guys that understand being fair and having fun.

Good luck to everyone in 2017!

I have built my PC collection from trades here, pulls from packs over the years, going to tons of card shows over the years, going to the lcs countless times to hunt for singles, and a small percentage comes from purchases on ebay/comc.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

The First Juan Gonzalez PC I had was mainly built from my own pulls, and some from card shops and shows, and near the end, Ebay, I sold of 99% of my collection around 2010 after my divorce.

My recent Juan Gonzalez collection is from big lots on Ebay when I started it to get a majority of his easy stuff, and harder to find cards. I use COMC every few month's, and I recently found a Gonzalez forum, and have made a few deals there.
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

At the beginning for me it was the LCS. I started trading in this site about 8 years ago and that help me a lot. I have been buying many boxes for a few years which I have pulled many great cards for my PC and there is always people that want the other ones, so I ended up trading. I only have been buying from eBay for a little more than a year. That has been mostly for PC player and to get cards to complete some projects, at a smaller scale with COMC.

Slowly is how I built mine! Over the course of the lat 40 years, the story is very similar to Zeprock's though. Buying packs and boxes into the 90's , LCS, eBay, COMC, and card shows. In the last 10 years I have completed nearly 1500 trades online as well.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

I would guess,
Piazza collection 60% bought, 40% trades
Hayward collection 90% bought, 10% trades
All other PCs are 90% trades, 10% bought
What I have available for trade is 90% bought, 10% trades
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile