Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you build your PC?

RE: How did you build your PC?
95% ebay, 3% COMC, 1.5% Beckett, .5% Sportslots

The bad news, IMO, is that more people are selling through Facebook - a "wild west" that will make rare cards much tougher to get or even locate.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

I had a small PC, which was really a project as I collected Astros cards for my daughter. The intent was to get a GU, AU, #, RC & insert of every HOF inducted since 2000. Most of those I got from eBay, but I got about 20% from trades.
I decided to give up on this a couple of days back, as I really prefer to pick up bits of memorabilia such as jerseys and bats etc.
My daughter is trying to collect Keuchel, but has a small PC on the side. So how is that PC constructed? Basically; 1. If she likes the look of the card
2. How thick is the card
3. How much is it worth

I had to laugh when I saw this thread, I told her I was listing all my HOF cards, and did so. She sat with me tonight and looked at the pile I had to put away...
"Ooh that's thick, that looks nice" etc... "Can I have these?"
Out of the trade list they will come!

So she then starts going through her own PC. "Don't like that any more", "is it worth trading?" etc etc

She has the most revolving PC ever...
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!

At the beginning of my collecting I bought boxes. Then later I went to more vintage cards which I bought individual from various LCSs. Now about 90% of the cards I get are through buying people's collections in private deals, the rest through trades COMC, Just Commons, eBay etc.
http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.

I usually get mine through my group of team collectors I am a part of, card shows, eBay or COMCs.

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature

This question really piqued my interest, because it made me realize that the way my PC is dictates how I've built it and how I'll grow it. It's kind of eclectic, as it's on:

5 Players, of whom I collect their RCs, on-card autos and inserts: Koufax, Kershaw, Robinson, and Evan Gattis

1 Team: (Go) Dodgers

Contemporary RCs and key RCs of the 80's - 90's

Several umbrella topics: cards with stamps, Topps Pie in the Face, U.S. History, Golden Age Hollywood, assorted odd stuff

Completed base + 1 subset of each year's Allen & Ginter

Tristar Obak: looking to complete 2009 and 2011

Because I am not made of money, I can't buy boxes of everything that includes stuff I'm interested in. So I've realized that I've needed to trade for it, which I only do here, and only certain times of year, when my budgets for free time and money allow - which made me realize that I should interact more here to make more trading friends! Smile

Every so often I'll snag something from the Bay. There is only one LCS near me, which I've visited with mixed results. I buy 2 boxes of A&G per year (maybe this year I'll be able to afford three, unless that feels like overkill). Maybe one day I'll check out a show.

late 80s/90s = 70% packs/boxes, 10% random singles, 10% trades from pulls back to shop or other people to get more

late 00's once getting back in - 80% ebay/COMC 10% card shop 5% trading here other than an old box of 90s stuff now and again for fun - 100% singles.

all numbers are obviously made up
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors