`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Classic

Winter Classic
Ever since they started playing the Winter Classic, I had been wishing and hoping for one to be held at Busch Stadium. I think some of the repetition of teams playing in the event isn't fair, but the Blues and Blackhawks rivalry is a pretty epic one. When they finally announced that the 2017 Winter Classic was going to be in St. Louis, I knew I had to go. I had to do lots of begging from the wife to let me buy tickets, but she eventually gave in since we are having another kiddo this summer and decided not to do a big vacation that we already had the money stashed back for. I must say, it was an A+ event. Everything about it was exciting. When the Cubs play the Cardinals at Busch there is typically about a 1 in 4 turnout of Cubs fans. Surprisingly there was probably about about 5% Hawks fans there. 45k+ fans chanting "Let's Go Blues," was a rush since typically Scottrade only holds about 19k...oh and then there was he "Crawford" chant in the 3rd lol.
If you've never had a chance to go, you need to put it on your must do list.

RE: Winter Classic
The Hawks should not be allowed to play in another outdoor game for at least 10 years.

(01-03-2017, 12:13 PM)shierydana Wrote: The Hawks should not be allowed to play in another outdoor game for at least 10 years.
I agree....3 appearances in only 9 events played is kinda a joke. But then again they specifically have the Heritage Classic for the Canadian teams and the Southern US teams are kinda out of luck because of the outdoor temperature. I'm sure they could put ice down in 60 degree weather if they had to, but it wouldn't be the best surface. I think the Wild and another team at Target Field would be a good one.

I hereby request Winter Classic 2019 to be Buffalo Sabres Vs. Dallas Stars At New Era Field aka "The Cap".

20 Year anniversary of the '99 Stanley Cup Finals, need I say more?? footinthecrease

I can only IMAGINE the atmosphere there when Brett Hull comes out for the Alumni game.....I would sell my truck and walk to Buffalo for tickets to that!!

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Yes, I want to see Dallas or Florida in an outdoor game!

(01-03-2017, 01:45 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: I hereby request Winter Classic 2019 to be Buffalo Sabres Vs. Dallas Stars At New Era Field aka "The Cap".

20 Year anniversary of the '99 Stanley Cup Finals, need I say more?? footinthecrease

I can only IMAGINE the atmosphere there when Brett Hull comes out for the Alumni game.....I would sell my truck and walk to Buffalo for tickets to that!!
Brett and Bobby did the ceremonial puck drop before the game. Absolutely epic! Not to mention The Great One was in a suite somewhere as well as other Blues HoFers.

(01-03-2017, 01:45 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: I hereby request Winter Classic 2019 to be Buffalo Sabres Vs. Dallas Stars At New Era Field aka "The Cap".

Good goal by my man Brett Hull!!