`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year all!! Should I open of leave shut? UPDATED

RE: Happy New Year all!! Should I open of leave shut? UPDATED
So many great cards in 2011 Topps Update. Looks like you had a fun time, congrats on the good pulls!
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

RE: Happy New Year all!! Should I open of leave shut?
(01-01-2017, 04:26 PM)1god4me Wrote: No Trout, Harper, or Rizzo, but I'll definitely take an Altuve anytime!!
You should've at least gotten a Harper bonus card. Did you get the red, silver, or gold version? The red is the most common, followed by the silver and then the gold being the rarest. If I remember correctly, the silver were about 1 in 5-10 boxes and the gold were somewhere around 1 in 20 boxes.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Happy New Year all!! Should I open of leave shut?
(01-02-2017, 08:58 PM)djohn Wrote: You should've at least gotten a Harper bonus card. Did you get the red, silver, or gold version? The red is the most common, followed by the silver and then the gold being the rarest. If I remember correctly, the silver were about 1 in 5-10 boxes and the gold were somewhere around 1 in 20 boxes.
At the time, those Harper bonus cards were almost 'worth' buying the Megabox. I don't remember if I got more Trout RC's from the mega boxes, the blasters or the hobby box of Update. Either way, 2011 was quite a great year for RC stars.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Happy New Year all!! Should I open of leave shut? UPDATED
(01-01-2017, 06:17 PM)oneofakindcards Wrote: So many great cards in 2011 Topps Update. Looks like you had a fun time, congrats on the good pulls!
Thank you, it was a fun time.
(01-02-2017, 08:58 PM)djohn Wrote: You should've at least gotten a Harper bonus card. Did you get the red, silver, or gold version? The red is the most common, followed by the silver and then the gold being the rarest. If I remember correctly, the silver were about 1 in 5-10 boxes and the gold were somewhere around 1 in 20 boxes.
Yeah got that as well, it was the red version, personally I think it's the best looking out of all of them.
(01-03-2017, 12:19 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: At the time, those Harper bonus cards were almost 'worth' buying the Megabox. I don't remember if I got more Trout RC's from the mega boxes, the blasters or the hobby box of Update. Either way, 2011 was quite a great year for RC stars.
Yeah, although they never really got extremely expensive for getting a guaranteed one in each box. And then he never really performed to his full potential and hasn't been the smoothest road since...
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards