`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overall Grade

Overall Grade
I had two 9.5's on a card, a 10, and an 8.5 and the overall grade was 9.0.
On another card three 9.5's and a 9.0 and it was an overall grade of 9.5.

The average of the grades on the two separate cards is the same, but different final grades. Did the first card receive a 9.0 because it can't be more than 0.5 higher than the lowest value?

RE: Overall Grade
Yes, I do think that is case. What I have read, first card 0.5+8.5 is a 9.0.

Second card 0.5+9.0 is a 9.5.

Where it really hurts is when the lowest subgrade maybe is a 7.5 or something. Then if I'm reading everything right, card grade would be an 8.0
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

The exception to the rule is with the surface. I have examples of 3 9.5s and a 8.5 still get an overall grade of 9.5
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(12-31-2016, 07:31 AM)crossada Wrote: The exception to the rule is with the surface. I have examples of 3 9.5s and a 8.5 still get an overall grade of 9.5
Well now I'm really curious because the 8.5 that I got was on the surface. This card matters quite a bit in terms of value and I would think the difference in sale price between a 9.0 and 9.5 could potentially be huge. It's a gold refractor Cody Bellinger Auto. I just received the email yesterday that it was finished grading (among other cards).

I really feel like it should be 9.5.

Nvm. Think I just found my answer in the grading FAQ's

"a key point to remember is that the minimum requirement to receive a grade of Gem Mint is to have at least three grades of 9.5 and the fourth to be no less than a 9."

Bollocks

(12-31-2016, 07:31 AM)crossada Wrote: The exception to the rule is with the surface. I have examples of 3 9.5s and a 8.5 still get an overall grade of 9.5
I think you mean 3 10's and an 8.5 surface.

That = 9.5 overall. No other 8.5 subgrade will yield a 9.5.
[center][url=http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/rr273/bballcardkid/prospects/?al
bumview=slideshow]Prospect Collection[/url] [Image: 4b2e33fc-1-1-1.jpg][/center]