`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Target Holiday Mega Box

Target Holiday Mega Box
Does anyone know if or when the pricing for these cards will be available?

RE: Target Holiday Mega Box
I have no insider information, but as an educated collector, I would say NEVER! (Not saying you are not educated!!)

I am frustrated with these situations where Beckett avoids pricing.

Looking at the history of special products, the 2016 Topps 65th Anniversary Set is not priced that I can see, and the 2016 Topps Blue Sapphire is not priced, and the 2016 Topps All-Star Game set is not priced...and, shall I go on???

Agree, I'm saying never. Same with Topps Chrome Holiday Mega Box even though in past years they did but it was called Update.

I don't know how anyone keeps up with a million new sets/insert sets every year without constantly hiring more and more staff. There are just too many sets out there to keep track of.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

(12-30-2016, 07:27 PM)oneofakindcards Wrote: I don't know how anyone keeps up with a million new sets/insert sets every year without constantly hiring more and more staff. There are just too many sets out there to keep track of.
people want low population cards and then want everything listed. how do you list a card you do not know exists, or price a card, no one has ever sold. not necessarily using what wasmentioned earlier in the posts as a specific example but you get what i mean.
also, why do you need Beckett to price cards? if you have a card or box to sell then sell it for what you want or what you think you can get. Myself if the card is recent its worth very little whether its a 1/1 or not. For others it could be worth 500.00. Beckett pricing is just a reflection of these sales, you dont need it or wait for them to price something before you sell something. If selling is what u r thinking of doing. The same goes for buying as well, buy at a price ur comfortable with.
http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.

I agree that some people want this information. But what is more valuable than a price guide is understanding general pricing trends - why aren't there hobby publications that offer this...?

Rather than viewing a single price point this month, it's much more valuable viewing all historical price points - this way someone would know when the best time to buy is, and when the worst time to buy is for any cards. For example, the absolute worst time to buy pre-rookie cards is when the player finally makes the majors.

(12-30-2016, 07:54 PM)scottbdoug Wrote: people want low population cards and then want everything listed. how do you list a card you do not know exists, or price a card, no one has ever sold. not necessarily using what wasmentioned earlier in the posts as a specific example but you get what i mean.
also, why do you need Beckett to price cards? if you have a card or box to sell then sell it for what you want or what you think you can get. Myself if the card is recent its worth very little whether its a 1/1 or not. For others it could be worth 500.00. Beckett pricing is just a reflection of these sales, you dont need it or wait for them to price something before you sell something. If selling is what u r thinking of doing. The same goes for buying as well, buy at a price ur comfortable with.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

I agree that with so much product coming out every year its hard for Beckett staffers to keep up with it all so sadly, Beckett not listing sets or prices is going to be more and more the norm.

I've wished that the major release buybacks (Topps Archive Signature Buybacks, 2015 Allen & Ginter 10th Anniv. Buybacks, etc) would be listed, but no. Also, The 2015 Topps Chipz are listed but still don't have prices even though the 2013 and 2014 Chipz do have prices.
Sets: 2008 Topps Moments & Milestones

The point for Beckett is pricing the cards gives everyone a starting point and yes more staff would be nice but even then, you can't keep up with everything.

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

I wrote on this point a few weeks ago..they have not priced retail only and on line only sets for a while now..

I wrote on 12/17...

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1605277.html

"The Mega Holiday Chrome update was released 11/3...no prices yet..
Snowflake variation was released 11/16...no prices
Archives 65th was released 11/23....I understand this..autos etc and not a month yet..no prices

There will never be prices on the A&G X for 2015 or 2016 and the Topps mini this year..since there were online only.."

The fact is I like to have a price point to start and I pay for OPG for that purpose, instead of researching eBay etc for each card.

I understand low #ed cards and I research those,but, is the Mega Trout $2 or $5??? The A&G X a little more (1.5 X) or moderately more (3X)??

Other topic discussed was the buybacks...
I keep a database for my Giants and use the year for the buyback on OPG...but for trade purpose..I can not list them for trade..with or without prices..if they are not listed AT ALL in OPG..

So for all the stamped buyback cards I have..no one knows..
I can not list them on this site for trade.

I have detractors who say I can sell for anything I want and need no price guide and I can trade elsewhere...point is...I pay for pricing and like to trade here..I understand I can always leave the site to sell and trade..but I prefer this site and the people on it..makes me an outcast to many, I know...

I wish all a Happy New Year!!

The only one I disagree on being priced or catalogued are the buybacks. Unless Topps provides a list of buy backs (for all years) with how many they did then all we can do is hope we get them all.

Now, I think Beckett presumes all the Heritage cards from the subject year are bought back (unless notified otherwise) but I doubt anyone keeps track even at Topps of all the buy back cards.

And yes, I love those buy back cards from Heritage and basic Topps and the Topps Archives 65th (pulled really good buy backs in those) but I don't know if there is a list. If so, then they should be added. If not, then good luck to all of us on that one

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.