`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 exquisite Calvin Johnson

2011 exquisite Calvin Johnson
So he's my fav player and I just picked this baby up for 350 it's a pop 1 for psh wondering if you guys think I got it at a good price and should I flip it or hold on to to it?
Edit * psa sorry wrote this from my phone

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 2011 exquisite Calvin Johnson
Was that your Xmas present to yourself?! ;-)
its a sweet card! As a rookie auto collector, when I buy graded I look for BGS because they grade the auto.
On price, your on your own... My Dad always said its worth as much as someone would pay for it and your case it was $350. Looks like that was the last #99 that has been sold on eBay.
*eBay does take something like 10% of the final sell value if you do try to flip it.
If it was mine (personal collection) I would think about sending it to BGS for a crossover. Could walk away with a 9-9.5/10. Its a awesome card and I would love to have it, but not at this time.

[]

(12-28-2016, 06:48 PM)danieljames84 Wrote: Was that your Xmas present to yourself?! ;-)
its a sweet card! As a rookie auto collector, when I buy graded I look for BGS because they grade the auto.
On price, your on your own... My Dad always said its worth as much as someone would pay for it and your case it was $350. Looks like that was the last #99 that has been sold on eBay.
*eBay does take something like 10% of the final sell value if you do try to flip it.
If it was mine (personal collection) I would think about sending it to BGS for a crossover. Could walk away with a 9-9.5/10. Its a awesome card and I would love to have it, but not at this time.
Hmmm interesting. Yeah I guess posting a psa on Beckett site is kind of a slap in the (sorry guys) lol but I'm just afraid if I send in the psa I will get a lower grade and taking it out is kind of risky....I'm probably gunna hold on to it because I love megatron he was an animal. And yeah I bought that and a case of 2011 exquisite for my Christmas presents Wink I asked for advice on here but didn't get much in return. Was back and for between the 2011 because I live that rookie class and 2015 flawless just one box but I've heard so many nasty rumors about it.....anyway I'm just excited to be back finally after leaving the game in 99.

Man Ive cross graded before and its not bad at all. Just take a real good look at the card, if you see a flaw you bet they will too.
I stopped collecting in 99 also and a few years ago started back. My advice is to know what you want to collect. This might save you some $. I started trying to complete the NFL Rookie HOF players. I got to the 60-70s and I stopped enjoying it bc I was born in 84 and didnt know the guys.
Now I stick to rookie autos of all pros and pro bowl type players.

(12-28-2016, 07:20 PM)danieljames84 Wrote: Man Ive cross graded before and its not bad at all. Just take a real good look at the card, if you see a flaw you bet they will too.
I stopped collecting in 99 also and a few years ago started back. My advice is to know what you want to collect. This might save you some $. I started trying to complete the NFL Rookie HOF players. I got to the 60-70s and I stopped enjoying it bc I was born in 84 and didnt know the guys.
Now I stick to rookie autos of all pros and pro bowl type players.
Yeah I'm born 85 and as a kid I used to love openening packs in the early-mid 90's and we didn't have all these crazy cards they have now. Upper deck was always king for me then. Now I guess these high end cards are intriguing. However I'm alittle scared from all these rumors of flawless and such. Which is mainly why I went with the 2011 exquisite. I really want that J.j watts. I'll post once it comes in. Also how long does the cross grading process usually take to get your card back?

from what I can see in the bidding history that someone was willing to pay $350.. then you went $355. IMO trying to flip something you were top bidder on may be pointless.. if somebody wanted to pay more than $355 then well.. you wouldn't have this card right now. Unless you sold it for $400 and made $45.. (well $39 because it was $6 to ship).. youd break even because a card that high ebay will take a pretty penny from you for it. If you wanna "flip" cards.. don't buy the $350 ones and expect to make a profit. Just my opinion. Nice card.. not a fan of psa though. They slab anything... and everything

[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(12-29-2016, 07:51 AM)jfrench91 Wrote: from what I can see in the bidding history that someone was willing to pay $350.. then you went $355. IMO trying to flip something you were top bidder on may be pointless.. if somebody wanted to pay more than $355 then well.. you wouldn't have this card right now. Unless you sold it for $400 and made $45.. (well $39 because it was $6 to ship).. youd break even because a card that high ebay will take a pretty penny from you for it. If you wanna "flip" cards.. don't buy the $350 ones and expect to make a profit. Just my opinion. Nice card.. not a fan of psa though. They slab anything... and everything
Yeah I'm definitely going to look to cross it over to bgs. I looked the price value of that card on this site, it does say in nm it's price is $800 would I be wrong to follow that?

That is an awesome card! I don't think that's a horrible price for that card, albeit with limited experience lol. Like others said, I wouldn't try to flip and sell it. A better bet if you wanted to move it would be to trade it for another high end card that you would like. As far as the grading, it would depend on why. If it's only to protect the card, I'd leave it as is. If you want max value on it for potential resell later, then maybe BGS would be worth it. That being said, I'd look at the card long and hard. It looks like his auto might be a little streaky, which could hurt the auto grade, which would hurt the card grade, which hurts the price lol. Chances are, even with a great BGS grade, you would never get $800 for it. My guess would $500 at best, but that is just my opinion. Trade value you could get the $800 I bet. Anyways, those are my 2 cents.