`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About my Auston Matthews card

Question About my Auston Matthews card
Hi I just got this Auston Matthews Young Guns card and on the edge near the bottomright corner it seems to have a ripple look, as if its a piece of the leftover paper from the other card that used to be attached to my card in the making. Besides that, the card looks in mint condition.

http://tinypic.com/r/27yyk3t/9

And also I hope I hosted the pic correctly above that you can see it there as well.

Can someone tell me if this is normal/typical to come across and if I were to send it in to get graded, would it get knocked points off because of it.

Thank You

RE: Question About my Auston Matthews card
If you have the receipt and UPC from the pack/box, you could send it back to Upper Deck for a replacement.

(12-24-2016, 09:11 AM)shierydana Wrote: If you have the receipt and UPC from the pack/box, you could send it back to Upper Deck for a replacement.
I dont have that.

What if I bought a small random pack. Can I claim to UD I got it from this pack instead?

Will that ripple look cause Beckett to deduct points off the grade?

(12-25-2016, 02:48 PM)ssl1900 Wrote: I dont have that.

What if I bought a small random pack. Can I claim to UD I got it from this pack instead?

Will that ripple look cause Beckett to deduct points off the grade?
You can email customer servicers and they will ask you for information of the card. You can ask them that you don't have a receipt as you bought just a single back. They will most likely ask you to email them a picture of the card so they can asses the damage. Upper Deck are really good and getting back to you. I had a similar issue with a acetate card that was smeared, they ask for my receipt, a copy of the package that you got the card in with the bar code and they will get back to you with instruction on what to do only if they feel that the card is damaged enough. PLEASE NOTE that if you do have to send the card in for replacement, they may not give you back the same card but another card of equal value.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you do need a valid receipt before they can issue a case #.

(12-27-2016, 01:04 PM)shierydana Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you do need a valid receipt before they can issue a case #.
Its possible they may ask for one but if he only bought one pack and didn't keep the receipt it maybe possible they may exchange it since he would have to send in the original but it doesn't hurt to ask if its possible.

They are asking me for a UPC code if I dont have a receipt.

Does the single pack have a UPC on it?

"The UPC stands for Universal Product Code and would be considered as the barcode that is listed under the box lid or on the back of the box."

Does the single pack of cards have a barcode with a UPC on it?

Its on the back of the pack that you opened. It looks like a bar code

So If I just buy a pack from a convenience store and use the UPC number on the back where the barcode is, would it work even though I didn't pull the Auston Matthews YG from this particular pack? Is there a reason why it wouldn't work?

(12-27-2016, 10:24 PM)ssl1900 Wrote: So If I just buy a pack from a convenience store and use the UPC number on the back where the barcode is, would it work even though I didn't pull the Auston Matthews YG from this particular pack? Is there a reason why it wouldn't work?
As long as its the same pack of cards. When I copied mine, how would I know which pack is was in so I pulled any opened package and emailed it and they accepted it. All the barcodes are same for those packages.