Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Hall of Fame Ballot

RE: 2017 Hall of Fame Ballot
Top ten
Jeff bagwell,Edgar Martinez,schilling,Ivan Rodriguez,Trevor Hoffman,lee smith,Fred mcgriff,Tim Raines,Jorge posada,Vladimir Guerrero .
Bagwell,Rodriguez,smith,Hoffman,mcgriff the five I've like to get in.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Out of this list
Ivan Rodriguez (pudge)
Bagwell (killer Bs)
Larry Walker
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(12-23-2016, 12:26 AM)waynetalger Wrote: Out of this list
Ivan Rodriguez (pudge)
Bagwell (killer Bs)
Larry Walker
When I think 'Pudge', I think Fisk! I wonder if anyone else does...
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

I want Manny voted in just to hear the speech. Also be curious if he takes a potty break in the middle of the ceremony.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Bagwell
Hoffman
Raines
McGriff
Guerrero

Tough to really figure who should be in and who shouldn't. Don't really know who's PED clean and who isn't, but nothing would really surprise me at this point... even with some of the guys they've already let in. Maybe best to just shut the HOF's doors and lock out the entire group.

But if it were me picking...
Should definitely be in-
Fred McGriff
Curt Schilling

Maybe deserve to be in at some point-
Tim Raines
Vlad Guerrero
Larry Walker
Mike Mussina
Luis Tiant
Thurman Munson (as much as I hate the Yankees)
Jim Kaat
Alan Trammell
Lou Whitaker
Ken Williams
Vern Stephens

If disregarding all PED suspicions-
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Ivan Rodriguez
Mark McGwire
Sammy Sosa
Jeff Bagwell
Edgar Martinez
Rafael Palmeiro
Manny Ramirez
Gary Sheffield
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]

(12-24-2016, 05:41 PM)newtmcknz Wrote: Maybe deserve to be in at some point-
Thurman Munson (as much as I hate the Yankees)
Is Thurman eligible again or will he be once again in the near future?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Is Thurman eligible again or will he be once again in the near future?

Right now, no. Who knows what will happen in the near future. If the sportswriters remain stubborn in keeping newer guys out because of PED concerns, it may be time for the HOF to look at tweaking things and re-looking some of the older HOF snubs via vets committee or other method.
I do think Munson and some of the other currently ineligibles accomplished enough to be in.
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]

(12-25-2016, 01:01 PM)newtmcknz Wrote: Is Thurman eligible again or will he be once again in the near future?

Right now, no. Who knows what will happen in the near future. If the sportswriters remain stubborn in keeping newer guys out because of PED concerns, it may be time for the HOF to look at tweaking things and re-looking some of the older HOF snubs via vets committee or other method.
I do think Munson and some of the other currently ineligibles accomplished enough to be in.
Agreed! I think there are some that may have had shortened careers (that weren't shortened due to their drug abuse, or abusive lifestyles) and if they had lived longer, there would have been no doubt of their worthiness. Munson was one worthy individual. 10 years in the bigs, half way to 3000 hits, near .300 career hitter, ROY, MVP ... Captain of the Yankees, his tragic loss of life was at the beginning of his peak production years. Even if he had to play his last few years as a 1st base/DH due to the wear & tear of catching, he was still a leader on & off the field.
Just like Sandy Koufax, who had a career shortened due to medical issues and was inducted even though he was short of the typical pitching milestones, I feel Thurman should be there.

BTW: I feel the same way about Tony Oliva and Vada Pinson ... Great players that should be in the Hall ... Overlooked by the BBWAA
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

My vote would be for the following:
Jeff Bagwell
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Vladimir Guerrero
Edgar Martinez
Mike Mussina
Tim Raines
Manny Ramirez
Ivan Rodriguez
Sammy Sosa

under circumstances not considering the ped issue......... these guys dominated during their time.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s