Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Memories of pulling specific cards?

RE: Memories of pulling specific cards?
yes sir, I still have it
(12-19-2016, 11:18 PM)robsvideos Wrote: my favorite was when i got that michael jordan auto. i bought some cases from da cardworld and got a free box of basketball cards. and the box didnt advertise any hits. so i was just going to give it away to a friend or donate it,yadda,yadda. since i dont collect basketball. finally i got bored one night and busted the box,and there it was.do you still have that one,Will?
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(12-19-2016, 09:26 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: I got a bunch, but here are a few that really come to mind.

1st Jersey card hit.
In 1998 i was buiying a few packs of Press pass from a place in the mall that mainly did sports memorabilia. I asked for a few packs at 3 or 4 bucks a pack and in one of the packs I pulled a Cade Mcnown jersey card #/400. I was super stoked went back and showed the guy he gave me a top loader for it. Ended up selling it when it still had value but love that card as it has sentimental value. I recently came across a copy for 1 in a junk box so i had to put it in the pc.

Another huge hit (now not then) I was out with my cousin and a few of his friends while my family was visiting my aunt. We stopped at a 7-11 and I got 2 packs of 2000 Ultra. I pulled an autographics auto of some scrub 3rd string QB named Tom Brady.
I had it in my possession till they won their 2nd super bowl then sold it for 150. Be nice to have it now.

Back in 2003 I got a few packs of topps debut from target and pulled a Joey Harrington auto #/199 red variation. BV at the time was 150. I traded it or sold it don't recall but now glad I did.

Got a pack of baseball cards tossed in in a trade at the shop i used to go to. It ended up having a Chipper jones auto jersey #/25 in it. Went back and told the owner he was happy for me to get a cool hit. Sold it for over 100. Wish i had kept it now.

Last one for now.
This past year after about march I started getting out of cards. They just don't do it for me like they used to. I also started recollecting Retro video games and now go video game hunting weekly. (check out my youtube channel if you are interested in it at all)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwgr86p..._tPklUEiMw

Anyhow. I have been for YEARS buying this local places packs of Doom the Movie trading cards to pull the auto out of the box. I even bought the box they had in the case for 45 bucks hoping to pull the Dwayne The Rock Johnson auto. Only about 100 -125 were made and the the odds were very high to get it.
Well in my box i got a Rosamond Pike auto. So a nice hit. Anyhow fast forward to a few weeks later I got 4 more packs from the rack that i think i am the only one buying from it at this point.
I had to meet someone local and while waiting busted the packs. Well the auto is always the last card so if you look at the back when opening you know what you if you got one or not.
Well the 2nd to last pack i saw the back of this.
[Image: img477_zpsr9ghehgw.jpg]
This is my favorite non sport pc card and is NOT for sale (already been offered over 300 for it)
That's funny about the Brady pull from a 7-11 pack.

Back in 2000 my parents had moved out of their house into an apartment in a different city, and while visiting them I decided to walk down the block to the 7-11.

I bought two packs of Bowman Chrome and pulled a Brady RC.

I traded it long ago and wish I still had it!

http://s21.photobucket.com/user/willnbee...ort=6&o=75

(12-19-2016, 11:18 PM)robsvideos Wrote: my favorite was when i got that michael jordan auto. i bought some cases from da cardworld and got a free box of basketball cards. and the box didnt advertise any hits. so i was just going to give it away to a friend or donate it,yadda,yadda. since i dont collect basketball. finally i got bored one night and busted the box,and there it was.do you still have that one,Will?
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

My craziest pull was some prolin packs from a Ka-bee toys from a mall in Nashville, pulled a Aikman/Irvin combo auto. Traded it to my brother since he is a cowboys fan.

It's pretty cool when you pull a nice card of ur favorite team or player
My youngest son has been pretty lucky when it comes to that,he's a giant giants fan and I definitely remember his joy when he pulled a Hakeem nicks printing plate at the national years ago and last year when he pulled a Odell beckham patch/auto ,it's also nice to see his excitement when he pulls a base card of his beloved giants as well
Thank you

My first memorabilia card was a Super Bowl Bunting Topps card of Jason Sehorn - I did not have a clue what the swatch was, but he is one of my all-time favorites, so I still have it 15 years later... this time of year is always special card-wise because I just about had a heart attack when I found the gold SOTT #11/11 in my sig in my stocking 12 X-Mases ago Smile
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]