`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote, help me pick the next addition for my PC

Vote, help me pick the next addition for my PC
So I have not added anything to my PC of PSA graded HOFer RC's in almost a year due to work, family, etc being so demanding of my time. That being said I have spent the last 45 days selling on eBay to build some funds up. I am looking at adding 1 decent card from what I've made so far and am asking which RC do you think is the most desirable?

Please respond with the player you would pick...

I personally had my eye on either the Mel Ott or Bob Gibson RC but those both sold before I could get the funds together. I may hold out for another well centered copy of the Gibson to pop up in my budget.

Carew 4 votes
Gibson 1 vote (will have to find a comparable copy)
Killibrew 1 vote
Ott 1 vote (will have to find a comparable copy)
Stargell 1 vote

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

RE: Vote, help me pick the next addition for my PC
Killer.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

By far the Gibson rc, best player of the lot (I think) and an all around solid design.
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

Partial to Carew, my all time favorite player.

(12-16-2016, 09:47 PM)1god4me Wrote: By far the Gibson rc, best player of the lot (I think) and an all around solid design.
My biggest want as a Braves fan was always a PSA 7 Aaaron RC. I remember back around 2008 they sold for roughly $2k and I just about had the money saved up twice to pull the trigger but did not due to bills etc. that came up. Now they sell for several times that amount just 8 years later.

All those cards would be great additions to anyone's collection, but ....
That Mel Ott 1933 Goudey is awesome.
My reasons ....
1) it's Mel Ott
2) it's from 1933
3) it's a Goudey
4) it's in great shape
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-17-2016, 12:03 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: All those cards would be great additions to anyone's collection, but ....
That Mel Ott 1933 Goudey is awesome.
My reasons ....
1) it's Mel Ott
2) it's from 1933
3) it's a Goudey
4) it's in great shape
Yeah I love the look of that card as well. Unfortunately that particular copy recently sold while I was watching it. There are other copies floating on the Bay but none currently in the same kind of shape that I would want to pull the trigger on.

(12-17-2016, 12:34 AM)the cardboard fan Wrote: Yeah I love the look of that card as well. Unfortunately that particular copy recently sold while I was watching it. There are other copies floating on the Bay but none currently in the same kind of shape that I would want to pull the trigger on.
Oops,yeah, just re-read the original post. Too bad that one sold, but keep looking. Who knows what'll show up. Heck, at this time of year, who knows what happens. That card might come back onto the market or a better one might pop up. So keep your eyes open. I'm sure there are more 1933 Goudey Mel Ott cards out there!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

1963 Rookie Stars...............
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I'm debating between the Gibson and the Carew. Both are nice, well-centered, however I prefer the better colors of the Carew.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]