`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye

Goodbye
The cost of having this is too much for me so I am not renewing my subscription which ends soon. For all of those here on the site Fair Winds and Following Seas as they say in the Navy.
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

RE: Goodbye
The price for single sport OPG has jumped this year. I had $$$ set aside in my account in case they auto-renewed even though I had it unchecked, which they did do but the unexpected increase in price overdrew my account and I had to pay a $32 overdraft fee to my bank on top of my subscription fee. Thanks for the warning Beckett.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(12-13-2016, 10:58 AM)animie67 Wrote: The cost of having this is too much for me so I am not renewing my subscription which ends soon. For all of those here on the site Fair Winds and Following Seas as they say in the Navy.
Sorry to see a fellow Yankee fan leave! Perhaps Beckett will throw you a 'retention' deal once you leave. I know that the Dynamic Duo deal went from $99 to $109 a year or two ago. Did prices go up much more than that?
(12-13-2016, 11:43 AM)zeprock Wrote: The price for single sport OPG has jumped this year. I had $$$ set aside in my account in case they auto-renewed even though I had it unchecked, which they did do but the unexpected increase in price overdrew my account and I had to pay a $32 overdraft fee to my bank on top of my subscription fee. Thanks for the warning Beckett.
That stinks! I think all subscriptions (I've run into auto renew issues with some business stuff in the past) should be obligated to give you a heads up 2 months prior. I think it's a deceptive business practice, otherwise.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

sorry to see you go. best of luck where ever you land. as for me, everything costs something in life, and this is one i enjoy the F@@k out of, i would hate looking every card up, i love the pricing of my pc, and organizing. i hate trading by looking though buckets but to each there own
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Don't worry. A lot of people will be joining you soon. Beckett has priced themselves out of the market.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Don't get me wrong. I generally like the site. I have more than 350,000 cards in my ORG and I like to know "Beckett values", especially when trading. I like the forums when they're hopping and I've gotten good advice from many contributors here. I've been alerted of new products that I otherwise would not have been aware of had I not been on this site.

I am not like the members kerry and beth referred to. I do not have a surplus of funds. I do not go to bars. I do not drop $100 on a meal out. I don't go to sporting events, no matter the cost. Most of this is due to where I live. I live in the back woods of Maine and the biggest sport we have is University of Maine Hockey (I'm not a hockey fan) unless I can find the time and money to drive four hours to Fenway. I work six days a week and work around the house mowing, gardening, plowing or cutting firewood when I'm not at work on one of my two jobs. I don't buy boxes of cards. I buy a pack here and there, an occasional rack pack or blaster and a Topps Factory set each year. All my other cards come via trading or purchasing singles online. I wish I had more trade offers but it is what it is.

My gripe is the way Beckett jumped the price without notification. That caught me off guard and cost me an additional $32 that otherwise would have gone to groceries. I have too much invested time-wise in this site and my ORG to not renew. Some warning would have been nice though so I could've made sure I had enough funds to cover my subscription.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

It's going to drive activity even further down on here. Im sure soon enough you'll have to pay just to post on the board.

This site was so much better when you just had to pay for priving access(and it was more reasonably priced). The trading and org features were free and you could trade nonstop.
Is this thing on?

(12-13-2016, 11:43 AM)zeprock Wrote: The price for single sport OPG has jumped this year. I had $$$ set aside in my account in case they auto-renewed even though I had it unchecked, which they did do but the unexpected increase in price overdrew my account and I had to pay a $32 overdraft fee to my bank on top of my subscription fee. Thanks for the warning Beckett.
The thing that pissed me off and turned me off to this site is when I had the auto renewed set for the year and all of a sudden it went to monthly without me touching it at all. When I called them about the monthly deal they claimed they never touched my account but I know for sure that I never selected auto renew for the monthly edition because that doesn't make any sense to me as far as paying for this site because that would cost me more than the yearly subscription.Then the yearly subscription jumping to $99, really???? That was the icing on the cake..... smdh at this site for the games they play with us...
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Guess I have a decision to make. I'm not nearly as active on here as I used to be so it may not be worth it for me to renew. Getting tired of all the increases without the product being any better.

sent you a trade if you're interested in one for the road
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile