`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Created a New Trading Card Product Line!

I Created a New Trading Card Product Line!
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE - PLEASE CHECK THE END OF THIS THREAD FROM TIME TO TIME FOR UPDATES!

Watch me put together a 1/1 Custom completely on video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Y1xhdqi_A

Let me see a show of hands. How many of you think that it is absolute madness at how many types of cards have been released this past year? The card release calendar shows TONS of them ... not to mention the online only and store specific cards out there.

Well, the card market is about to get one more, though case breakers will not have an interest in this one.

I realize that there is a big risk in coming out with a new card product. Whether they have succeeded or crashed and burned, generally all are met with harsh criticism. I hope this isn't one of them! Smile

What if I told you that I've made a new card line with the most diverse checklist ever? One that will elicit emotions that go beyond normal trading cards. They will make some laugh, others cry, and have a high potential of being quite possibly the most notable & cherished card in your entire collection.

That sets the bar ridiculously high, but it is my hope that you agree with me.

First, I had to come up with a killer name. Something that oozes high end ... glamor. Lifestyles of the rich and famous.

[Image: transcendent.jpg]

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the HIGHEST END EVER....wait, what? That name has already been taken? :/

Okay, let's try again ...

[Image: insanity.jpg]

INSANITY! The ULTIMATE high end card. It would be pure insanity to spend money on this...errr...I mean it would be pure insanity not to buy. Yeah, that's what I meant!

Not quite ....

[Image: opulence.jpg]

When a good deal comes my way, I JUMP IN IT. (I love that DirectTV commercial with the mini giraffe!) Speaking of good deals, check this sweet costume I found at Target the other night! #hemustworkout

[Image: rocky.jpg]

Sigh, if only working out were as easy as putting on a costume.

Okay, back to the card line. (Forgive me, but how could I NOT share that pic with you?)

After talking it over at the kitchen table with my family, I came up with this:

[Image: customcuts.jpg]

Custom Cuts - Yeah! I like the ring to it! My first thought was to grab the domain name customcuts.com. Sadly, someone picked it up, but it was for sale.

I inquired about the price, and here is the response I got:

[Image: email1.jpg]

Uhmmm.... $59,888 ????

I considered countering at $50.00 but instead, I thought this response was more appropriate:

[Image: response.jpg]

Silly, silly interwebs.

I opted instead for CustomCutsOnline.com for a smooth $15/year.

So, what exactly is Custom Cuts? Well, let me show you. There are 2 different configurations.

[Image: templates.jpg]

A gorgeous high-end design and beautiful gold holo-foil. I know what you are asking yourself "Hey, where's the cream filling?"

This is where it gets interesting and exciting.

Custom Cuts is an easy to use kit that allows you to create your own card! You have two choices: Buy the kit and do it yourself, or send me the pieces and I'll create it for you.

Here is how it works.

Each kit comes with the following pieces:

[Image: kit.jpg]

The fun part is selecting the pieces you want to include. Once you do, you use the cutting template to easily cut the pieces to the exact sizes you need. Cut the pieces larger than the holes, but smaller than the template to ensure a good fit.

[Image: 1-2-3.jpg]

The back is actually like a sticker. Once you are ready, you just peel it and stick it to the back!

[Image: finished.jpg]

For me, the story of a card is absolutely huge. It is the difference between having just another shiny parallel that was pushed out, and something that is truly meaningful. To me, a shiny low numbered refractor with no story means very little to me when compared to a dull looking older card with a fantastic story.

The backs will have a hand-written serial number, if you desire. The reason for this is so you (or anyone) can go to the website and look up what the story is behind the card in the database. You, of course, would write the story. This could be something documenting the pieces that were used, or even a nice note to the recipient of the card if you are giving it as a gift.

[Image: database.png]

My favorite thing about this is that there are literally no limits to your creativity, aside from being mindful of the hole dimensions.

[Image: sizing.jpg]

The fun part in creating customs is finding the right pieces for a project. The Custom Cuts kit is designed to have fun, and end up with something meaningful - whether it is for your own collection, or for someone else!

Here are some examples of what can be done:

A picture of your little leaguer and jersey patch or signature = your new favorite 1/1

[Image: example1.jpg]

A paw print + pic you printed out of your cat = a Custom Pawtograph

[Image: example2.jpg]

Old Magazine page + signed index card = Custom High End ALF!

[Image: example3.jpg]

Signed Post Card + Trading Card = Mickey Mantle Cut Signature

[Image: example4.jpg]

Magazing + dog chewed trading card = Al Kaline cut signature

[Image: example5.jpg]

Wedding Picture + Invitation = Keepsake that may actually get your wife into cards (Hey, we can dream, can't we?)

[Image: example6.jpg]

Here they are all together:

[Image: examples.jpg]

This is my first "invention" so to speak, and I'm very proud of it. I look forward to hearing what you all think about this as well! I hope this will be a bit hit for folks this Christmas, as I've gotten loads of requests to create personal cards as gifts.

Oh, and what a better way to kick off my first invention than with my first infomercial?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFpGLdr7Fa8

For anyone who does pick up a kit, I encourage everyone to post what they have made online. I'd get a huge kick out of seeing what other people use this for.

As always, thanks for reading! I look forward to hearing what you all think.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

RE: I Created a New Trading Card Product Line!
Very awesome, thanks for giving the kaline a new life
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Good stuff! Yup, baseball cards is going to be more like sewing; Topps is going to go into the pattern business:
[Image: ae96045cfc2c6f286a5f8c7c1c17102a.jpg]
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

Cool "invention".

One of the "C"s on the bottom of your card is backward.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(12-04-2016, 10:25 PM)elberson Wrote: Very awesome, thanks for giving the kaline a new life
I'm glad you posted - I couldn't remember who sent it to me! Thanks once again for sending it. I'm very thankful to your dog for chewing it Smile Side note: I let one of my dogs sniff it too, and she nibbled on it as well. Who knew Topps Legacies was apparently delicious to dogs?

(12-04-2016, 10:41 PM)oneofakindcards Wrote: Good stuff! Yup, baseball cards is going to be more like sewing; Topps is going to go into the pattern business:
[Image: ae96045cfc2c6f286a5f8c7c1c17102a.jpg]
That and paint by number sketch cards!

(12-05-2016, 08:11 AM)zeprock Wrote: Cool "invention".

One of the "C"s on the bottom of your card is backward.
I'm trying to be trendy here man! Smile
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile

Great idea and great execution. Hopefully Topps doesn't try to rip off the idea as I know they do custom cards already (but just with photos of people, and not MLB players, autographs or relic pieces).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I'm diggin' the looks of these! Curious, if I were to "pick up a kit", how much would it set me back?
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

(12-05-2016, 12:35 PM)1969metsfan Wrote: I'm diggin' the looks of these! Curious, if I were to "pick up a kit", how much would it set me back?
I should have been clear in the post, sorry! A kit is $29.95 with free shipping until Christmas - paypal to tanmanbaseballfan@gmail.com or $49.95 if you want to send me the pieces to include and assemble for you. Just specify if you want the vertical or horizontal!

I did a fun little program graphic for this:

[Image: christmas2.jpg]

Thanks guys! Here is a quick pic of some of the kits going out today (front face plates).

[Image: batch.jpg]

Smile