`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17 boxes of 2016 Topps Update holiday mega box with Chrome

17 boxes of 2016 Topps Update holiday mega box with Chrome
I went to Target on Saturday and they had some of the 2016 Topps Update Mega Holiday boxes that have 2 packs of Chrome Update in each box. I always buy these so I can put together the Chrome Update set each year. So I bought 10 boxes while I was there buying some other stuff. It just so happened that the 30% off toys/games text coupon worked on cards too. I wish I had known that before checking out, as I would've bought more. I got home and opened the first 7 boxes, and knew I had to go back for more, even though I still had 3 more boxes to open. So after dinner I used my wife's phone to get another coupon and went to the next closest Target. They had 7 boxes in stock, so I bought them all. Below is a breakdown of what I got from the Chrome Update packs (I still haven't opened the base Update packs yet):

First 7 boxes:
X-fractor - Mallex Smith #'d 38/99
Refractor (#'d/250) - Aaron Nola, Corey Seager
Relic - Manny Machado

Next 3 boxes:
X-fractor - Kenta Maeda #'d 32/99

Final 10 boxes:
Refractor - James Shields #'d 222/250
Relic - Clayton Kershaw

The last group of 10 boxes had me concerned when after 6 boxes I hadn't hit anything, then I landed the Kershaw and that made up for it. As always these boxes are hit and miss, so your best bet is to buy as many as you can in one location (i.e. from the same case).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: 17 boxes of 2016 Topps Update holiday mega box with Chrome
After a total bomb on my first 5 boxes, and the promise of me not buying anymore, it didn't take long to cave. Sad I was surprised to see them at my local military base/post exchange though. I snagged all 7 boxes they had, and only non-base was an X-fractor of Byung-Ho Park. No relics of any sort. oh wells. Looks like I really need to stop buying these.

I guess someone needs to snag all the crap boxes so others may enjoy.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

I am trying not to get caught up in this product excitement as many are disappointed by the results, and yet there seems to be some connection that draws a lot of people in. Maybe if more negative feedback was given...LOL.

(11-21-2016, 01:41 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I am trying not to get caught up in this product excitement as many are disappointed by the results, and yet there seems to be some connection that draws a lot of people in. Maybe if more negative feedback was given...LOL.
I think the problem is that most people simply buy a box or two. In which case the odds are not in your favor. The odds to get even a basic refractor are 1 in 4 boxes, and then you have a 1 in 50 shot of hitting specific player. The upside is that there are plenty of good players you can hit. The downside is that the resell value is not that high for the basic refractors. I liked previous years where they only had gold and black refractors. I'm not really a fan of the basic or the x-fractors in this years set, since the base cards already look nice with a pulsar style refractor finish to them. So the real hits are the jersey cards which resell pretty well, though are 1 in 16 boxes to get one.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/