`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's Jeter?

Where's Jeter?
Anyone know why Derek Jeter has been absent from 2016 products? Other than a few Donruss Recollection Autographs, he hasn't appeared in anything. I haven't heard of any licensing issue. I would have thought with his popularity that he would show up in Ginter, GQ or Archives from Topps.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Where's Jeter?
Zep....think it has to do with the # of retired players that can be in products or years after they retire excluding cards yr1 post retirement because the prior year stats (thier last year) are on the cards.

(something like that)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I think because he is no longer an active player the card companies have to negotiate a deal with him directly now instead of just the MLBPA.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I have no idea, but I could gladly make something up. J/K I imagine he'll start showing up soon enough.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

He'll be there eventually. Piazza had almost nothing 2009-2014, then once the HOF stuff got closer suddenly he's in everything.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,263 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(11-07-2016, 01:00 PM)djohn Wrote: I think because he is no longer an active player the card companies have to negotiate a deal with him directly now instead of just the MLBPA.
Agreed-- but topps always has signed deals with current players to make cards of them. So why is he not-- maybe he don't need the money.

Where's Jeter?
Look even closer in the crowd picture. He's the guy wearing the striped shirt and wool hat.
You'll find him, don't give up. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

He's probably just been busy giving out all those gift baskets...
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

2017 Triple Threads he'll show up there mark it down.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.