`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting 1986-87 Fleer Graded low or high grade for personal?

Starting 1986-87 Fleer Graded low or high grade for personal?
Ok guys im building a set just for my personal pc. Im not looking to spend crazy money on this. I was thinking maybe bgs 7? But my friend told me no if your going to do it do it right.Any Suggestions would be helpful

And yes i know its all about how much you want to spend and for me its not that much Smile

I also pc Edgerrin James & Trent Richardson if you have anything.

Lets agree on a bgs/psa grade and lets make some deals!
~ \\ * Collecting Jeff George * // ~

RE: Starting 1986-87 Fleer Graded low or high grade for personal?
Congrats! I'm in the process of doing the same thing. If you are doing the entire set graded, then I would go for the BGS 7/PSA 7-8 route. Many, many of those cards can be had for a reasonable price and are very appealing to the eye. When it comes to the Jordan, although you'll have to shell out some serious cash, I'm sure it will be very rewarding in the end! (That's the last card I need...although that's the only card I'm purchasing that is graded...) Best of luck!

Happy Collecting!

Mark

How do you plan on building, just by purchasing pre-graded on eBay? Or by collecting/trading raw cards and then sending for grades? BGS only, or mix of PSA and BGS? Crossovers can get expensive.

I started going for BGS 9+ myself a few years ago. Going to be a long term multi-year project, as I am in no rush and plan using Craigslist and trades to seek out the mint ones to send for grades.

(11-07-2016, 08:53 AM)madamson Wrote: Congrats! I'm in the process of doing the same thing. If you are doing the entire set graded, then I would go for the BGS 7/PSA 7-8 route. Many, many of those cards can be had for a reasonable price and are very appealing to the eye. When it comes to the Jordan, although you'll have to shell out some serious cash, I'm sure it will be very rewarding in the end! (That's the last card I need...although that's the only card I'm purchasing that is graded...) Best of luck!

Happy Collecting!

Mark
Yeah im still trying to figure out if i want bgs 7,8,8.5. I still havent decided if im not using psa lol. i just want a full authentic set for my personal. I had a complete set back in 2003-04 but really wasnt sure if the key rcs were real. Good luck to you too on pulling the trigger on MJ!

(11-12-2016, 12:51 PM)hercules21 Wrote: How do you plan on building, just by purchasing pre-graded on eBay? Or by collecting/trading raw cards and then sending for grades? BGS only, or mix of PSA and BGS? Crossovers can get expensive.

I started going for BGS 9+ myself a few years ago. Going to be a long term multi-year project, as I am in no rush and plan using Craigslist and trades to seek out the mint ones to send for grades.

Im no good at grading so i just plan on using ebay and hopefully the pop report has plenty to go round! im not against psa but i dont have a clue where to check their pop report and my only concern with psa is that the cards still slide around and bgs is more firm.

Ok guys bgs 7 for now. i could of went higher psa for cheaper prices it looks like.
~ \\ * Collecting Jeff George * // ~