`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Set Collectors

RE: 2017 Set Collectors
(11-05-2016, 06:29 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Try Gypsy Queen......easy base set to put together + a couple of insert sets. I also second Opening Day as its cheap and the inserts are great. Good Luck..........
+1
GQ has the vintage look without the quirky cards of A&G
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-14-2017, 12:39 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I found this older post and wanted to update it...

So, after many weeks of careful deliberation and many sleepless nights (heh heh), I reached my decision and ordered some pre-sell 2017 hobby boxes:

3 boxes of Diamond Kings - coming out March 29th
1 case of Finest - coming out in June

It was tough to not jump on the Bowman bandwagon but it will be lots of fun to break a brand that I have never ordered in any prior year!

Would anyone like to weigh in on my decision, or post what your next break will be?
Nice choices!

I'll likely stay with flagship (1,2,Update), Topps Chrome and Opening Day this year. Not being into pre-rookies, I generally stay away from Bowman brands.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

(02-15-2017, 01:38 PM)oneofakindcards Wrote: Nice choices!

I'll likely stay with flagship (1,2,Update), Topps Chrome and Opening Day this year. Not being into pre-rookies, I generally stay away from Bowman brands.
If I have any hobby money left late summer/early fall, I would like to get Twins and all rookies from Topps Chrome...I missed out on the 2016 version as I put my money into Bowman Platinum.