`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chicago Cubs Win the World Series

Chicago Cubs Win the World Series
Well, it's done. The Cubs have won the World Series. 108 years. Congratulations to the Cubs and Cub fans alike!! Proud to have lost to the WS winner as well. Tongue
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

RE: Chicago Cubs Win the World Series
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

A game of all games to end it! Wow, what a roller coaster! haha I had the ability to watch it at work with some other people. Yelled super loud like 15 times during the game...

Those "turkeys" finally won it all Grandma! heh
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

(11-03-2016, 03:04 AM)woogie23 Wrote: WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

A game of all games to end it! Wow, what a roller coaster! haha I had the ability to watch it at work with some other people. Yelled super loud like 15 times during the game...

Those "turkeys" finally won it all Grandma! heh
Haha, secretly I wanted to see the Indians win it, just to see the reactions from Cubbie fans, but I'm glad the Cubs won.

it was a helluva game!!! i thought they were going to lose it for a while!! congrats to all cubs fans!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

i wonder how many Cubs fans after game 4 were like, "GD-it WTF man not this close only to F-it up." and then cry or punch a wall; but then compose themselves and with a bit of effort rekindle the gleam in their eyes saying, "It's not over yet!."
http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.

Must have been one of the most stressful times as a Cubs fan. Glad they won, it's for the better for baseball.

(11-04-2016, 08:10 AM)1god4me Wrote: Must have been one of the most stressful times as a Cubs fan. Glad they won, it's for the better for baseball.
Indeed!!! I was stressed watching game 7, well maybe cause i wanted the cubs to win
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Rizzo, Fowler, Ross on SNL last night doing 2 different things. They were in a skit and then they sang 'The Cubs Song' with Bill Murray during Weekend Update.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I cried like a baby for at least 15 minutes straight after the final out. lol
(11-04-2016, 05:11 AM)scottbdoug Wrote: i wonder how many Cubs fans after game 4 were like, "GD-it WTF man not this close only to F-it up." and then cry or punch a wall; but then compose themselves and with a bit of effort rekindle the gleam in their eyes saying, "It's not over yet!."
After game 4, I was basically in consoling mode for my daughters sake. She's 11, and I was trying to do my best to help her off the ledge lol. But inside, I knew it was pretty grim. I'm 37. I saw the collapses. I heard this song and dance before so for me? It was basically like, ok, we're probably done, now lets prepare emotionally for that.

But once game 5 happened, I felt it. I told me daughter "it's only two games now. Only two." This team was so great all year that the idea seemed possible.

Thank god it happened.

(11-04-2016, 06:18 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Indeed!!! I was stressed watching game 7, well maybe cause i wanted the cubs to win
Don't worry, I was stressed as well, even though my team wasnt in it!
(11-06-2016, 02:11 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Rizzo, Fowler, Ross on SNL last night doing 2 different things. They were in a skit and then they sang 'The Cubs Song' with Bill Murray during Weekend Update.
Yeah, I heard about that but I haven't had the time to look it up probably should...